AroundTheWorld

Companion Air

Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:04 pm

Can anyone confirm or deny a new airline by the name of "Companion Air" which is supposedly flying reconfigured aircraft specifically for the purpose of owners and pets traveling together? Round trips Washington - Los Angeles starting at $3000.....

I hope this was a prank by a radio station....but if it isn't....wow....

AroundTheWorld

RE: Companion Air

Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:32 pm

I guess I posted a bit too soon before doing much online research...however I still think it's worthy of a discussion as the thing really does exist!! It can be found online at http://www.companionair.com/ It's $2697 for 1 passenger and one pet round trip Washington - Long Beach. Not sure what kind of aircraft they are flying...its some very small 1 engine prop. I do believe I have now seen it all...

JBirdAV8r

RE: Companion Air

Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:22 pm

They have a Pilatus PC-12 picture posted in a banner...wonder if that's just a generic "plane" for ad purposes or if that's what they're really flying...sort of sounds like it.
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet