Before I list my say about the list here, I will say that a LOT of F/A's (and airlines) don't act as strict as they should for fear of gettin sued or similar..
1. Carry on's MUST be fully under the seat in front of you or in an over head bin.. No if's, and's or but's..
2. If -any- flight attendant tells you that you can not use your own headset in the armrest, tell them to blow.. I queried Airbus about our planes, as I suspected Funjet and Apple vacations were trying to make extra $$ by saying you can't as it causes possible shorts in the system, and I recived a response that, when placed into plane english, says that the statement is a load of ****.... Now, if you are below 10k feet, don't use your own stuff, unless you like F/A's yelling at you.. the armrest is not an issue there, as it is PART OF
THE AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS..
3. Think about it.. It is so much easier to serve drinks with lights on.. Otherwise we might start running over people's feet when they decide to stick the things in the isle.. Flashlights for service???? Never seen that..
4. I really have no idea why any F/A would tell you to stow your paper for taxi/takeoff/landing.. Geez.. That F/a must be on a power trip..
5. There is no FAA rule against it, but diff airlines may have different policies.. Again, I'm surprised they're telling you you can't, unless it is for some weight/balance reason.. I dunno..
6. You may have your own drinks on board, just not alcoholic..
You seem to deal with a lot of F/A's on power trips.. I'm sorry for you on that one..
As for Dinkers query,
The shades should be up in case we need to assess conditions outside in an emergency.. If there is a reason not to use an exit, (Fire, debris, etc etc) then we need to know it.. I know some airlines only require the exit windows and some aroudn them, but with us, it's all of them..
America West- I enforce that seatbelt rule strictly.. I've taken enough spills due to sudden bumps to know what it's like, and I can tell you if I let someone go do whatever when the sign is on, and they get hurt, it's MY
ass in the wringer.. Now, there are few exceptions that should be made, I.E> little kids, or ppl who have a medical condition who may need to do.. diff things to relieve themselves (I.E. cathaterize themselves..)
Hope this helps..
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply