usair330

What Was Your Hardest Landing?

Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:03 pm

Today i flew LGA-PHL on US Airways Express (Pennsylvania Commuter Airlines)
This was the first time I was on a Dash 8. Anyways we approached runway 26 and I got a great view of the Skyline in Philadelphia as well as Veterans Stadium. Well here's the good part, We were seconds from touchdown (I knew cuz i could see the Schuylkill river) and when we touched down I thought the main gear probably broke off as hard as we touched down. I looked out the window and luckily the landing gear was still there. As I was about to exit the plane the F/O was there saying bye to everyone. I asked him who landed the plane and he laughed and glimpsed out the corner of his eye into the cockpit where the Captain was LoL.

For those curious it was flight 3587.

AroundTheWorld

RE: What Was Your Hardest Landing?

Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:11 pm

I was on a 757-200 landing at MDW and it felt like the plane fell outta the air...which is basically the normal landing at MDW. Later I was sitting next to the pilot of that flight who was on the next flight I was on...after realizing I was on the 757 flight he piloted he said "hey...just so you know that wasn't my landing...." I responded with "That's what they always say" he smiled and laughed and said "Hey! I didn't think I did that bad!"

lmml 14/32

RE: What Was Your Hardest Landing?

Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:59 pm

A cadet pilot landed us hard in STN last Thursday. It was a positive landing alright. Surprisingly none of the passengers commented about it - very unusual for the British not to say anything.

But it was not the worst one.