PSU.DTW.SCE
Topic Author

RJ's To SCE: Comair Starts CVG-SCE

Fri May 02, 2003 8:19 am

Well, we knew it was coming sooner or later. Comair officials have been in and out of the airport in recent months. They never gave a definete answer though. But now they did, CVG-SCE 3 times daily on a 40 pax CRJ starts July 22.

This will be interesting now to see how everyone else reacts since this will be the first RJ service at the airport. Rumors are that Mesa is going to take over SCE-PHL with ERJ's from Allegheny and their Dash 8's. ACA occasionally subs in a CRJ on SCE-IAD but its not likely to be upgraded especially now with the postponement of CRJ deliveries and delaying the J41 retirement. Mesaba, it hasn't been sounding like NW is going to start flying Pinnacle CRJ's in anytime soon. This could change things though, this could start the RJ revolution here with other airlines upgrading to compete.

There is only one problem with all this, we are currently out of counter, office, and ramp space. The word is that Allegheny is going to give up half of their counter to Comair. A portable trailer is being placed outside the terminal to house Comair's office. As for RON aircraft?? Good question. Right now we RON 2 XJ Saabs, 2 Allegheny Dash-8's, and an ACA J-41. With the CRJ's larger footprint, there doesn't appear to be enough room to park it on the ramp overnight. Someone is going to have to hardstand away from the terminal (probably XJ)

Too bad my work at the airport here is almost done and I accepted another job back home in DTW for the summer. Stupid cost cutting, but oh well, I knew this was coming sooner or later. Maybe in the fall when I'm back at school something will open up for me again, (or I can get my old job back)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos