Topic Author

CO Did They Keep Their Promise?

Mon May 05, 2003 8:47 am

it is almost a year ago since CO started to charge for alcoholic beverages
on international flights. they said that with the extra money earned, they will
improve their eco meals. and they also said that food will be of much better quality and that they will provide larger servings.

my questions goes out to all the folks who took a int. flight on CO in a eleven
months period.

did CO keep their promise? or was it just a blabla??

regards DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

RE: CO Did They Keep Their Promise?

Mon May 05, 2003 9:22 am

To be honest it is half true. The food WAS definately improved at that time, and was intended to be kept at that level, but it has come back a little along with some of the cuts, but it is still better than it was pre-that decision. That said, all the US majors charge for it now, and I don't recall any of the others increase food quality or quantity. Continental still gives food on more flights than the others also

Mon May 05, 2003 9:59 am

This $ for drinks on Intl flights in terrible. Hate to say it but now I fly BA as much as I can, not totally because of this, but they do give free drinks and also still give you a little goody bag with socks and eyecovers, toothbrush etc. On top of all of that they seem to always be the cheapest for me to fly back home to the states. weird....on top of that the turned a profit last time around as well. I flew CO about 5 weeks ago from Belize to MSY via HOU and I did not notice any marked change in food (I was riding the front of the bus thanks to an upgrade). I took AA down to Belize from DFW and found their food to be far superior. May have been an off day for the caterer, but still nothing to write home about.

Mon May 05, 2003 10:34 am

I flew CO transcon to LAS from EWR and back from LAX on the eve of the Iraq war and the food was noticeably more ample, particularly in the portions from past experiences on CO flights.