B-HXB
Topic Author

Cathay Pacific New Zealand Services

Tue May 06, 2003 12:55 pm

Ok people, I'm curious about the deal with CX operating to NZ at the moment.

Their local telephone number for flight information has a prerecording telling me that CX operates 5x-weekly into Auckland (down from daily).

So this is the bit that puzzles me:
On Monday 5 May, CX107 HKG-AKL was cancelled. This flight is due to arrive in AKL on Tuesday 6 May and turnaround as CX108 to operate AKL-HKG.

So how on earth did Cathay manage to operate the CX108 on Tuesday 6 May when they cancelled the CX107 on the Monday? By all accounts CX shouldn't even have had a plane to run this service!! Anyone who can help with specifics, I would be most grateful.  Smile

Also, how accurate is CX's 7-day schedule on the Net? I couldn't even find any information about CX107 over the next week or so - cancelled or otherwise.

babaero

RE: Cathay Pacific New Zealand Services

Tue May 06, 2003 3:01 pm

Easy one

CX107/4th May B-HXK stayed in AKL for 24hrs and operated CX108/06thMay

Same will apply for CX107 tonight. Will stay in AKL and operate CX108 on 8th. B-HXJ

B-HXB
Topic Author

Tue May 06, 2003 4:03 pm

Thanks Babaero!

It hit me after I posted that that was probably the most logical solution. So I suppose AKL will be seeing a lot less 34C's given that CX aren't likely to want to have them out of service for so long. Plus I understand HXK and HXJ are 343-configged.  Sad

ZK-NBT

Tue May 06, 2003 4:25 pm

Good for spotting purposes! Sad on the whole though that they are having to do this!

jesseycy

Tue May 06, 2003 4:37 pm

I think it might even be more worth it for CX to leave their planes in AKL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think airport fees are much cheaper in AKL than HKG?

B-HXB, I think they are using the "temporary schedules" now, which you can access from the main cathaypacific.com webage. I think that's updated reguarly, because of all the cancelled flights, etc...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos