N777UA
Topic Author

Just Got My Multi-engine Rating

Sat May 10, 2003 5:23 am

I just passed my FAA multi-engine checkride this morning. After 3 weeks of waiting since my oral exam because of weather, I finally got to get the flight done. Got some actual IFR experience on it as well because of deteriorating weather conditions...to do the single engine approach, we had to get a clearance from Kansas City Center.

Three years of hard work & dedication have paid off...I now have my aviation flight degree from Southern Illinois University!

I flew a Cessna 310R by the way, N3705G.

RE: Just Got My Multi-engine Rating

Sat May 10, 2003 5:28 am

WOW.....I ENVY YOU! Congrats man!  Big thumbs up

DeltaASA16

MxCtrlr

Sat May 10, 2003 5:31 am

N777UA, CONGRATS!  Big thumbs up Good job. Now, speaking from a Maintenance standpoint, don't be a dickweed pilot whining about every little damn system on the airplane - It flew in, it'll fly out!  Smile

CONGRATS once again, it's a great milestone!  Big thumbs up

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

CcrlR

Sat May 10, 2003 6:08 am

Now it's my turn! Aviation maintenance Technology Batchelor's degree. I'm starting mine at Lewis University this fall!!!! I'm graduating from High school in three weeks!

Congratulations to you UA777! In four years it'll be me in your shoes getting my degree.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

Shamrock1Heavy

Sat May 10, 2003 6:42 am

Congrats!!!  Big thumbs up

I am sure i will ahve my Multi-Engine in 3-4 years *fingers crossed*

Anyway, good job!!
when in hell, we'll do shots at the bar

N777UA
Topic Author

Sat May 10, 2003 7:35 am

MxCtrlr....believe it or not, I am one of the few pilots who aren't Type-A personality tight @$$es (I have a life outside aviation).

Also, while I have my flight degree...college isn't over yet...I still have a semester of Aviation Management Classes left, then an internship, then my bachelor's degree.

flyf15

Sat May 10, 2003 7:58 am

Thats cool 777UA, how was the checkride? What type of aircraft did you do it in? I have mine in about two weeks coming up (Duchess).

N777UA
Topic Author

Sat May 10, 2003 9:32 am

As I said above, I did the checkride in a Cessna 310R (1978 model). The best thing I can say to help you prepare for the checkride is to "chair fly". That is, sit in your chair, and visualize each maneuver, talk yourself through it, and practice your flows.

The maneuvers I did were:

-steep turn
-power on & off stalls
-short field takeoff & landing
-multi-engine approach
-single-engine approach
-Vmc demo
-drag demo (not required by PTS)
-single-engine go around (remember to watch your airspeed, keep it at Vyse)

Best of luck to you!!

EA CO AS

Sat May 10, 2003 11:42 am

N777UA-

Congratulations! I'll raise a glass and have a ceremonial "toast" to your achievement tonight at exactly 9pm, PST. I hope everyone else here will remember to join in.

It'll be like "Hands Across America" but much much cooler.  Big grin
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

CX Flyboy

Sat May 10, 2003 1:40 pm

Congratulations!! I remember passing each of my checks and everyone was and still is a relief and another step towards the command of a widebody jet. Hang in there, sometimes it is easy and sometimes it is hard, but in the end it is all worth it.