YV136C
Topic Author

Experiences From My Recent Trip

Tue May 13, 2003 12:53 am

Hi there....this is NOT a trip report, just comments form the trip I´ve just completed: CCS-MIA, FLL-SFO-FLL (via ATL), MIA-CCS

1.- Changes of equipment are deadly for legroom, as I found out on the CCS-MIA leg, which was supposed to be on a 134 seat 727, instead flew on a 173 seat 727.....(thanks Aeropostal, my knees still hurt, honestly!)
2.- TSA screening at FLL is tough! These guys really look concerned and kinda pissed! Not complaining, though....
3.- Flew for the 1st time on a 764 (2 times on the way back) and I must say that that´s a powerful airplane! Blew my socks off!
4.- ATL is a cool airport but not all what I expected.....and of course, it wouldn´t hurt to see something else rather than Delta´s all over the place....
5.- Legroom on the 764 is actually better than the 763ER (on Delta at least). Is this true or am I dreaming?
6.- Oh my god, who designed SFO??? What a mess! Returning a car to check-in is a royal pain in the behind! Why do we have to walk so much? What´s up with that??
7.- TSA at SFO was a breeze......I wasn´t missing those FLL guys!
8.- Somebody at DL please do something about those blue bags! That is food for farm animals, and not all of them! Much less for humans!
9.- You can always tell you´re at MIA because of all the hot latin ladies seen there......of course, everything else at MIA leaves a lot to be desired.
10.- Aeropostal 727´s (at least on this route) have even more legroom than AA´s MRTC! VH calls their economy section "VIP class". Very nice, too bad it seems they´re going down the drain.
11.- After all´s been said and being back home, after so much b***ing on my behalf, I wish I was still back in the US!

Luis
YV136C
Proud to work for Embraer FLL!

pzurita1

RE: Experiences From My Recent Trip

Tue May 13, 2003 1:00 am

Just one question:

With no currency market thanks to Chavez, how are Venezuelans managing to travel abroad? I know most importers are near bankrupcy due to lack of foreign currency.

PZ
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

YV136C
Topic Author

RE: Experiences From My Recent Trip

Tue May 13, 2003 1:08 am

PZ,

most of us can´t travel or otherwise we have to buy dollars on the black market at sky high prices. The official exchange rate is Bs. 1,600 per US$, but since our Dear President is trying to choke us and nobody has access to those green bills, the black market dollar goes at Bs. 2,300 per US$. You do the math.....

Luis
YV136C
Proud to work for Embraer FLL!