Topic Author

Cheap Day-trip To FRA (BA: £67 Ex-LCY)

Tue May 13, 2003 2:49 am

Hello there fellow aviation lovers.

I was doing some thinking. The other day I had a great trip aboard Germanwings from London to Cologne for the day; I spent about half the day at Dusseldorf airport. I had such a good time that I thought I would do a special day trip to FRA one day, just to watch planes.

The cheap option is of course with Ryanair to Hahn, then transfer by bus to FRA. But there is an excellent option, not much more expensive, for those who live in London: has a BA 0800 flight from LCY to FRA, with a return to LHR at around 1900. The total price was £67, pretty good even a bargain one might say. The date was 30th May - 30th May (day-trip) allows a full day at FRA (even a little excursion to the city...)

Well, just thought I would let you know, I think its good value, obviously not as cheap as flying to Hahn, but probably more interesting  Big grin

I think I might just book a flight. Looks like German airports cater well to spotters!

RE: Cheap Day-trip To FRA (BA: £67 Ex-LCY)

Tue May 13, 2003 8:13 am

If I was you I'd for sure go for it and book a flight.
It seems as if British Airways won the overhand on LCY-FRA now with their three daily flights, but I'm not 100% sure on this.