lmml 14/32

The Paris Airshow

Thu May 15, 2003 11:51 pm

I have an invitiation to the Boeing Chalet at this year's Paris Airshow. It says however that it is not a valid airshow pass. My complimentary invitation is valid on trade days only, between the 16 and 20 June. Tickets are only available for sale on public days, 15 and 21-22 June.

My question is will there be any flying displays on trade days? Will I have access to the airfield with my pass?

backfire

RE: The Paris Airshow

Fri May 16, 2003 2:43 am

There are usually aircraft flying on trade days - sometimes at Paris and F'boro the trade-day flying is better than that on the public days, with aircraft flying for the benefit of customers which can't hang around for the weekend free-for-all.

CX Flyboy

Fri May 16, 2003 11:41 am

Which public days would be better, the final weekend or the first day of the show? I would like to go this year, as I have never been to either Paris or Farnborough. Which days will have more flying, less people etc..?

CX Flyboy

Tue May 20, 2003 12:01 am

Anyone? I'm planning my Paris trip soon and would appreciate if anyone with past experience knows which days are better. Thanks.

lmml 14/32

Tue May 20, 2003 12:18 am

I am still trying to confirm my question in the thread starter. If I go it will definately be a trade day.

mighluss

Tue May 20, 2003 12:23 am

Last year at Farnborough, in the non-public days, were the same (if not more) flying display (according to their website), and I supose that less people. The plublic days (ones I've been), were quite cramped, but ok... anyway I'd recomend to go in trade days, if you have the chance.

http://www.paris-air-show.com/gb/frameset_visit.htm

Check their website, the flying display is still not aviable, but I don't think it will take very long to its release.

miquel.
Miquel.

teva

Tue May 20, 2003 12:27 am

All the public days will be very crowded.
interesting demonstrations usually start in the afternoon.
If it is your first visit at Le Bourget, do not forget to have a look at the museum (especially the hall with the Concorde).
Very important: take public transportation to reach Le Bourget. the Easiest is the RER B train. (make sure you take one that stops at Le Bourget train station) In front of the station, you will find a special service to the airshow by bus.
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

petertenthije

Tue May 20, 2003 12:28 am

I was quite disappointed by last years Farnborough. A lot of nice planes that were announced in advance only showed up on the trade days. The an-140, erj-170, A330-200 spring in mind.
Attamottamotta!

mighluss

Tue May 20, 2003 12:34 am

Really! I was expecting too the erj-170 in the public days, but the A318, A346 couple, made me forget (didn't know about the an-140 and the A330)
Miquel.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos