fsuwxman

CO Flight Lands In FLL With Injuries From Turb.

Fri May 16, 2003 6:23 am

ASOS... Another Shi#y Observation Station

737heavy

RE: CO Flight Lands In FLL With Injuries From Turb.

Fri May 16, 2003 8:46 am

Nasty but no doubt legal action will follow.

Regards

scottysair

Fri May 16, 2003 10:58 am

My God!!! They are injuries with 5 people and flight attentant and child, too. I know that was none of the serious injuries and it taking to the hospital afternoon. I was left from FLL this early morning on the way to ATL then PHX flight by Delta. I know the seltbelt sign light was off or on. I saw with the picture of the new terminal 1 inside with NW, CO there, too. I'd missed of you guys was here in South Florida and I am in Arizona now. Well, talk ya later!

Regards!

Scott W.

northwestair

Fri May 16, 2003 1:13 pm

great now every Attorney in the FLL area will be at the hospital trying to get some business. I know you got a bruse on your arm, but I can get you $2.5 Million Dollars. SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD Country we live in.
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

artsyman

Fri May 16, 2003 6:30 pm

There will not be too much in the way of successful lawsuits on this. There needs to be some sort of negligence, and at the moment, there doesn't seem to be. One of my good pals works in claims at CO and she gets this stuff all the time, but they seldom go anywhere.

UAL-Fan

Fri May 16, 2003 7:16 pm

This is America, everyone sues everyone. If there is a lawsuit (and money to be made) unfortunately it will happen.

Maybe it will teach people to stay in their seats with their seatbelts on.

jasewgtn

Fri May 16, 2003 8:46 pm

I don't mean this to sound rude, but on what pretence does anyone have a reason to sue???? It's was turbulence??????

JaseWGTN
Wellington, New Zealand

sk

Fri May 16, 2003 8:49 pm

Yes, but the seat-belt signs were off - this may be a reason!

ACA330

Fri May 16, 2003 9:08 pm

Most airlines require seat-belts to be on at all times while seated. If some of the passengers injured were sitting without seat belts, and were subsequently thrown up, out of their seats during the turbulence, they should have less chance of a successful law suit IMHO.

Alpha 1

Fri May 16, 2003 9:29 pm

I don't mean this to sound rude, but on what pretence does anyone have a reason to sue????

The usual: physical and emotional pain, "loss of joy with loved ones". All that crap that has come to typify what has become a loathsome profession.

Want an example? About 7 or 8 years ago a US flight from CLT to CLE was on approach at Hopkins. The f/o noticed that the nosegear landing light was not showing locked. They requested a fly-by of the tower-in fact they flew by twice, and the tower visually confirmed that the gear looked down and locked. On final, the captian told everyone, as a precaution, to assume the position for a crash landing. The plane landed safely.

A few weeks later, US was slapped with a multi-million dollar suit, claiming some of the above reasons. Basically, they were sued because it scared some people. I don't think it came to anything, because the law firm involved illegally used the names of some of the passengers who said they had no intention of suing USAir.

But there is a precedent on this case with CO now. AA was successfully sued and had to pay damages because of a clear-air turbulence incident a few years ago. A horrible precedent set by that jury, proving once again that many juries are incompetent any more.

northwestair

Sat May 17, 2003 4:51 am

If CO is sued then CO should sue the psgrs for damage to the ceiling  Big grin

CO better fight this one if it goes anywhere
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

artsyman

Sat May 17, 2003 7:24 am

As I said before, there are similar claims filed against CO and virtually every other airline weekly, this will get declined

Jer