persotvik

Britannia Airways

Sun Dec 05, 1999 3:11 am

Britannia Airways is still expanding. It's the worlds
largest charter airline and the Nordic operations will
ecpand with a new base, Trondheim (TRD) Norway.
They will base a brand new B737-800 here.

Have some of you ever flown with Britannia, please
respond and tell!
Just love flying

Tg 747-300

RE: Britannia Airways

Sun Dec 05, 1999 3:29 am

Yes i have flown with Britannia from OSL- Crete (Chania) and back .

It was nearly after Blue Scandinavia had became Britannia in summer 1998.
i flew on a B757-200, and was seated in the front of the aircraft. On the flight down, ther was little legroom, but ok ( you know it's charter) On the way back i had plenty of legroom because it was on the left side (not with an exit, but there were som seats lesser on the left side in the front cabin, because it was between the to front doors)

The service was OK not more, and the food: well, I have eaten better food on a charter flight.

A pluss for no delies. They leaved on time.

I think Britannia is OK, but Premiair is better.

Tg 747-300, Norway

intentionally left blank

B-707

Sun Dec 05, 1999 4:16 am

Yes - I flew Britannia from London Gatwick to Athens in 1987. It was a long time ago, the plane was a B737. From what I can remember the flight left on time and was very smooth. The service was what you would expect on a charter. The food was OK, and the in flight service was good. The flight was completely full. Not a single spare seat to be had. This was in the summer, so I guess that was to be expected. The only think I did not like was the flight times. We arrived in Athens at 4.00AM. On the return I remember we had to be at the Airport by 3.00AM. These were probably not Britannia's fault though. Try getting to Athens Airport at that time of the morning. It's not easy.

Craig

Sun Dec 05, 1999 5:11 am

Hi

I've flown with Britannia quite a few times (6 to be exact) on their 757's and 767-200's and flying on a 767-300 next year.

My flights have all been quite good, The entertainment is excellent and the food not too bad.

The longest delay I have had with them was 5 hours back in 1994.
One good thing about Britannia is the fact that they always allow flight deck visits. (Well, on my flights anyway).

The fact that I don't like is they have two different types of 767-200's one with 274 seats and the other with 290 seats, you can tell which one your on by the amount of legroom. Another plus point is that they have drinking fountains on their 767's.

There new (not quite new, two years old now) 360 service has bright cabin interiors and it makes the cabin feel more spacious.

The worst flight I have had with them was coming home from Ibiza on a 767-200. The Cabin Crew were the most unfriendly ones I have ever met. They said they had no pillows left, but I mangaged to find some in an overhead locker. They never gave any help with boarding either and stood and watched passengers struggling to find their seats. One of the center toilet doors had a big bash in it (Maybe the cabin crew don't know how to steer their trolleys). My life-vest was also lying on the floor when I got on-board. Very bumpy landing also but that is probably quite normal.

Regards

Craig Stewart
Scotland

SQ2

Mon Dec 06, 1999 8:33 am

Me too! I flew Brittania from MAN - MLA (Malta) in their 757 - 200. It was okay except that the seats were a bit cramped. Other that that, it was on time and yes, the flight deck was a treat!

SQ2
SQ always my 1st choice

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos