United777
Topic Author

SWA Expansion To Pacific Northwest?

Fri May 30, 2003 2:06 pm

Will Southwest Airlines expand to Eugene, Medford soon. Could they start flights from California there soon.

kwbl

RE: SWA Expansion To Pacific Northwest?

Sat May 31, 2003 12:19 am

I highly doubt WN would go to MFR or EUG. For their business model, there simply are not enough passengers. WN usually enters a market with at least 8 or 9 flights. I think there is only one or 2 cities in their system that have less than 10 flights per day. I don't think those two cities could support that much service in addition to what they already have. WN serves the 4 largest airports in the NW (SEA, PDX, GEG, BOI) and I think that any growth will be done at those places. But, you never know!!

BlatantEcho

Sat May 31, 2003 1:16 am

I've prayed for WN to come to EUG ever since I started school here.

Never happen...... UA Express now runs CRJs, and they are the biggest planes we get outside of occasional charters and what not.

Prices to the Bay Area are crazy. I can do PDX - OAK for about $150 any time of the year on WN or AS. EUG -SFO on UA is about $500.

Two hour drive sucks, but my broke ass can't afford $500 to fly home for a little while.

Go Ducks!
George
They're not handing trophies out today

lovefieldflyer

Sat May 31, 2003 3:54 am

EUG was a Morris Air city. During the merger, Southwest decided to discontinue service there. It's doubtful that they would start new service but as Kwbl said, you never know.