us330

Seizure Of Aircraft

Sat May 31, 2003 4:19 am

Occasionally, there is news of an aircraft being seized at the gate by ILFC or another agency. How is the seizure accomplished (ie. is it drug bust style with agents jumping out with guns, or is it just a formal declaration with no objections)?

backfire

RE: Seizure Of Aircraft

Sat May 31, 2003 4:41 am

I've heard tales of convenient "maintenance" whereby key components are removed for "checking".

dinker225

Sat May 31, 2003 7:39 am

I've heard of strategically placing ramp equipment such as snow plows behind the plane after it has taxied into the gate. They were threatening to do that here in Eagle if United didn't pay up their fees to the airport.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

srbmod

Sat May 31, 2003 7:47 am

I have heard of Repo Men that specialize in a/c, typically GA a/c, but I would guess that there aren't too many that would know how to fly a 737. I guess the company that is repossessing the a/c would coordinate with the local police force to surround the a/c and prevent it from being used by the operator that is in default. I would venture to say that it probably is safer to repo an airliner than it would be for a vehicle parked in someone's yard (not as much of a chance of being shot at).

NZ767

Sat May 31, 2003 7:50 am

I would say they'd simply walk on, maybe with a couple of security guards, show the paperwork, and order everyone off.
After all, it's a civil matter, not a criminal one.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos