buckwilder

Opinions Wanted-flying Atl-fra-fco Tomorrow

Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:59 am

I'm flying atl-fra-fco tomorrow (my first 777!), Delta on the first leg, then Alitalia MD-88 on the second. Can anyone tell me what to expect in economy class in the way of meals, seat pitch, usual loads. Especially curious about the Alitalia leg; I've heard many negative opinions about delays and service. And they won't let me choose a seat on-line. Is that normal? (Thanks. I'm a new member, please be kind!)

buckwilder

RE: Opinions Wanted-flying Atl-fra-fco Tomorrow

Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:06 am

My bad, I guess its a MD 80 or 82. Also, does anyone know if delta's 777 seat layout is 2-5-2 or 3-3-3 or what?

Sabena332

Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:09 am

Welcome on a.net!

I can`t tell you much about your DL flights because the last time I flew on DL is already 3 years ago, I can imagine that many things changed. AZ is a very good airline, unfortunately I only flew twice on them, my first flight was DUS-MXP in an ER4: perfect service, a good looking F/A and tasty food. The return flight on a MD-82 was also very nice: me and a buddy got an upgrade into Business Class, again perfect service, tasty food and very kind F/A`s.

Enjoy your flights!

Patrick

[Edited 2003-06-02 00:14:08]
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

luv2fly

Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:09 am

You should be able to pull up the DL 777 seat map on there web page. Also it is not uncommon for the European airlines to make you wait for a seat until you get to the airport.
You can cut the irony with a knife

FutureFO

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:36 am

Most times you will not know if the DL 777 will be the 3-3-3 or 2-5-2 until you arrive at the airport. As far as the AZ flite I can not tell you much as I have never flown them but their Cabin Staff are on strike currently.
I Don't know where I am anymore

vermeer

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:45 am

AZ had a strike..not really a strike....a vicious "illness" which affected a lot of flight attendants on the FCO-LIN route, so nothing to worry about for international...

I am so sorry for those unauthorized strikes...AZ product is REALLY good on international routes especially in Europe.
One of the few airlines which have 2-2 seats in business and not the convertible 3 to 2 on offer among its major competitors.
The few legs I had in business proved for a great product and I was really impressed being a staunch passenger against AZ ( I am Italian and I got frustrated endless times...)
Try it and let us know!
Have a great flight and have fun!

FLAIRPORT

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:48 am

LUV-
Alitalia is a delta partner and skyteam partner, so I'm assuming that the seats can be booked in advance with Delta

Buck,
I'm imagining thats what you did.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

airplanetire

Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:59 am

Have a wonderful trip! Some people have complained about the seat pitch on DL's 777s, but I found that it was great for a long flight. I am 5' 7", so not the tallest person in the world (I still have time to grow though!  Smile ), but I was very comfortable and would still have been comfortable even if I were taller. I also found the seats to be very comfortable. They were wide, just the right firmness, and were a good shape, so conformed to my body well. The entertainment was fine. A PTV is always nice to have. The service was very atentive, so good, on my flight. The food was also fine. Keep in mind that that is only how I experienced a Delta 777. You might have an even better experience or not as good of one, but I hope it's great. Now, I wish I could tell you if you'll be on a 2-5-2 or a 3-3-3 777, but unfortunately I can't. The only way to POSSIBLY know in advance would be to call Delta tomorrow because I would think that the airline would likely know which plane is flying ATL-FRA the day of the flight. There are a total of eight 777s in Delta's fleet and two of them are in the 3-3-3 configuration. Those two are N861DA/ship 7002 and N867DA/ship 7008. Given that, you have a 75% chance of being on a 2-5-2 777. Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about Alitalia, but I hope that is a great flight too.

-Airplanetire

buckwilder

Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:46 am

thanks for all the great responses! i'm loving this website. just noticed the trip report section; I'll be sure to write one up. my return is barcelona-jfk-atl on 767-300, which i'm pretty familiar with. also doing a virgin express rome-brussels-barcelona while i'm there. pretty circuitous route, i know, but at @ $100, definitely a good deal. see ya!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos