rw774477

Do You Get Miles Credit If You Get Transferred ..

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:18 pm

If you are booked to fly UA and you get bumped to, say, DL, will you get UA miles for the DL flight ?

rw774477

afay1

RE: Do You Get Miles Credit If You Get Transferred ..

Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:21 pm

A good question with unfortunate examples. United Mileage Plus members can collect and spend miles on Delta flights (not express, comair, atlantic coast, etc) anyway. However, in general, one doesn't get miles for a different airline. For instance I got bumped in January from BOS-JFK-SVO from DL to LX/SU BOS-ZRH-DME and couldn't collect the DL miles. It worked out fine in my case, but would be a major bummer if it was a mileage run or tied to getting a status upgrade. I could be wrong about other ticketing situations though.

zrs70

Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:29 pm

Never once had a problem with UA when I was bumped to another airline. I just fax a letter with my request for miles, along with my original ticket receipt (downloaded from website) and boarding passes of actual flights.

Only time it would not work would be if UA transfered me to another *A or partner airline on which I would earn miles for that carrier.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

Ex_SQer

Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:31 am

Fax/mail your ticket and boarding passes to your original carrier. In UA's case I have always gotten my miles. You can also collect miles on the carrier you actually flew on, which is also neat!

FutureFO

Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:55 am

When I worked th ticket counter for ACA at JAX if we had to transfer pax to other carriers unledd they were Priceline or Hotwire tickets we would fill a form out so they could get their miles for the UA segments on lets say NW/DL/CO or US. You just had to indicate on the form the reason for the adjustment.
I Don't know where I am anymore

delta-flyer

Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:45 am

I was bumped off DL to AA from JAN-ATL-SNA just a couple of weeks ago and still received DL miles - including gold medalion bonus and the "triple mileage" bonus for ATL-SNA.

Pete
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos