airmale

Planet Airways-Interesting Tail Design

Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:50 pm

What a difference an effective tail design makes. I think they should drop the 'Airways' toitlefrom the aircraft or change its font.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chaz Hinkle

.....up there with the best!

caribb

RE: Planet Airways-Interesting Tail Design

Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:20 am

Interesting... look at the planet.. it almost looks like the world in reverse.. North America is kinda visible on the right hand side.. Hudson Bay, Baffin Island, Newfoundland, the Great lakes (those specs of blue) and Florida down to the lower right. with Cuba below it. Greenland is totally distorted, Iceland down to the left, England perhaps (that orange blob on the lower left) and then some orane mass where Europe should be..... Maybe the trick is to go to the other side of the tail to see it all in the proper position.....LOL

Big777jet

Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:12 am

When I was trip from LAX to SLC on May 27th. Upon arrival, I saw Planet 727 parked near Delta's concourse D. It was same tail design. When I came home and I searched the flight where they flew from. Planet flew from Yellowknife,NWT to SLC! Why was charter from Yellowknife? Nobody wants to go up there. Ha! Strange charter flight!

Big777jet

caribb

Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:27 am

What's wrong with the Northwest Territories? I'd love to go up there.. lots of beautiful nature, rivers (the trip up the Mackenzie River from Great Slave Lake is suppose to be one of the most beautiful river trips you can take), waterfalls, white river rafting... some of the most spectacular untouched Territory on the continent.. people go to Alaska for the same thing it's just The NWTT are less accessible... ..thus perhaps the reason for the charter.

Aviationman

Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:33 am

Yellowknife is amaizing! Many American tourists fly to the NWT every year for fishing and hunting. First Air is operating charters on behalf of American tour companies starting July 5th (B-737-200). Flights will originate in YWG.