Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

Toronto's (YYZ) Marker Beacons - Any Info?

Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:48 am

Hi guys.

I found this website that shows the location of all the approach marker beacons for Chicago's O'hare Intl Airport. If you look at page 4 of the document (titled Ohare Approach Marker Beacons), you'll see that each marker for each runwway at ORD is listed.

The info that I think is really neat is how the actual location of the markers around the airport is explained with regards to streets and intersections.  Big thumbs up

My question is ..... does anyone know of a website with information like this about Toronto's Pearson International Airport (YYZ). I think it would be a lot of fun to drive around the airport through neighbourhoods while looking for the different marker beacon antennas for each runway at YYZ.

It would be kinda like an easter egg hunt! Big grin

Here's the O'hare Intl link with the beacon locations on page 4.

http://www.carmachicago.com/ord.pdf

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris  Smile

"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

RE: Toronto's (YYZ) Marker Beacons - Any Info?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:04 am

Hi guys.

Oh Well. I was wishful that someone might know of a website or other sources with similar info about Toronto Intl's (YYZ) marker beacon locations as the link above has about Chicago's O'hare Intl's markers.

No problem. I'll just use the DME info I have for each runway's outer marker, etc, and try to find as many as I can by searching around under the glidepaths. Big grin

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"