Topic Author

Wanna See How CDG2E Will Look?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:40 am

The new terminal at Paris CDG airport, CDG2E will be inaugurated in one week. This hub was built for Air France and the Skyteam members only !
Before boarding, you'll see on a TV screen the seat map, the weather at your destination, the film you'll see during the filght, the captain name, the languages spoken on board...this is amazing !
CDG2E, which costed 750 millions €, will feature 17 gates with aerobridges...
Here are some "preview" pics of CDG2E:$file/vue_gene.jpg$file/jetee_embarq.jpg$file/prepass.jpg$file/corres_efficace.jpg$file/infos_repas.jpg$file/zone_enreg.jpg$file/espac_embarq.jpg$file/departs.jpg$file/infos_appareil.jpg$file/infos_debarq.jpg$file/salon.jpg$file/comptoire_embarq.jpg$file/borne.jpg$file/arrivee.jpg$file/infos_vol.jpg

and if you speak French:$file/DossierPresseComplet.pdf

RE: Wanna See How CDG2E Will Look?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:39 am

The gate information screens seem to be very similar to Delta's GIDS. Will the CDG screens also include the stand-by and ungrade lists? Supposedly, Delta is saving a bunch of money in labor by having the GIDS (Gate Information Display Screens). Will Air France similarly reduce the number of staff that it requires to board a plane?

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:50 am

It looks very nice, certainly beats all airports I've been in recently by miles!

A female captain on AF004, don't see many of them, I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of having a female captain.

Anyway, looks very nice!!

Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:03 am

One minor aspect which bugs me is that one will obviosuly have no good apron view from the inside of this terminal.  Sad

But apart from this, it is an architecturally pleasing design, let's hope the functionality reaches equal levels.  Big thumbs up
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!