Pressure Field In Airfoils II - Laminar Bubbles

Thu Dec 09, 1999 5:27 am

Sometime ago I posted a topic about pressure fields in airfoils and how the disruption of boundary layers can lead to difference in a given airfoil potential. I remember before someting about laminar bubbles, that actually separate the transition states of airfoils on a wing surface. This separation happens mainly because of the pressure fields I discussed on the previous topic, which will change with respect to the different velocity distributions. The instability we were talking, I assume would be caused by this transition bubble since it creates large amounts of drag for the aircraft. To solve this it is used a device called turbulators, which can smoothe out the stress and even up the airfoil so that it isn't unstable anymore.

I would wonder how much stress it will give the airfoil on the wing without such a presence of the turbulator. I guess the design concept would have to be altered in this case. Anyway, any insight on this matter would be appreciated.

PS: Thanks for the previous responses, we can only benefit from hearing different answers.

Cheers.
Leo-ERJ

Pilot1113

Um...

Thu Dec 09, 1999 11:36 am

Okay...

You stick the doohicky into the whatchamacallit, then take the thingamabob and jam it into the thingamajigy...

- Neil Harrison

RE: Um...

Thu Dec 09, 1999 12:36 pm

What?? Hmmm, no i believe that wouldn't work sir, try again mate!

jim

OKAY, Howz About This

Thu Dec 09, 1999 2:30 pm

What if you de-nobberate the framus first? Will that cause excessive modulation of the positive ion flow, resulting in a reverseal of the flux capacitor, and diluting the xaxon crystaline matrix to the point where the whole thing just goes 'BING'?

Jim