SavvyFA
Topic Author

Trans Caribbean/MSY...info Please...

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:00 pm

Hi,
I am royally confused about Trans Caribbean.....I am a former flight attendant for Pace/ and Co.Express, I used to commute to IAH.....I havent flown in about 7 months and am back in school, but my dream is to fly out of MSY..but as everyone knows their is no base here,,,but I thought maybe all that changed when I found the ad in the paper for FA's and an ad underneath it was for Capt/Fo for A 320's....so found out they were TCA...and it has been 3 wks since I sent in my resume, I even talked to someone,,,a lady, who said she was faxing the resumes over to England,,and that training would probably be there!!All to good to be true..747's....how awesome this would be.....I emailed the DOT, the other day they said TCA has not filed with them. I have read every single post on here today and see there is plenty of debate about it. I dont understand the whole virtual airline thing...Why would anyone do that?Its weird...and why would they have an office????And why would they post an ad for jobs???Has anybody heard anything recently...I would appreciate any info on this.......
Aimee' in MSY

MSYtristar

RE: Trans Caribbean/MSY...info Please...

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:05 pm

Aimee....

I replied to your post in the "Continental to New Delhi" discussion...check it out!  Smile

Steve in New Orleans

Tom in NO

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:28 am

Savvy,

Don't get your hopes up too much regarding TCA. None of us (especially those in high-level airport administration) are.

Nonetheless, good luck in your endeavors.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

MSYtristar

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:37 am

I just received an email from a TCA rep...

"
From: "Cindy Tippit" | This is spam | Add to Address Book
To: "stephen oliveri"
Subject: Re: startup date?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:38:17 -0500

Thank you for your e-mail. Our website has been recently updated, so please keep checking it for our start-up date. There are a good many things involved in starting an airline, and unfortunately it is taking us longer than we had hoped. TCA will be flying some time this summer. Please tell everyone to "hang in there". Thank you again and keep in touch.

Just wanted to pass that along.

Steve in N.O