captaingomes

C-FRAP In Air Luxor Colours At YYZ

Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:31 pm

Today I drove by Pearson International, and at the Skyservice hangars, Skyservice A330 C-FRAP was painted up in Air Luxor colours. I wonder when that aircraft is due to depart YYZ? Hopefully some YYZ photographers can get a couple of pictures of it.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

BO__einG

RE: C-FRAP In Air Luxor Colours At YYZ

Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:44 pm

hmm, I still gotta upload my second pict of FRAP while in Conquest colors..  Smile
More hits, cuz its rare stuff now!

Cant wait to see it in air luxor colors here on the net.
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

captaingomes

Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:22 pm

It looked really good! The tail wasn't painted yet, but the rest was. I couldn't tell if they changed the registration yet, as it was inside the hangar with the nose only sticking out.

Hopefully we can find out when it leaves.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

fallingeese

Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:37 pm

What's the deal with it? Is it being leased longterm?

2002 Airport Figures:
Toronto 25.90 million
Vancouver 14.90 million
Calgary 7.88 million
Montreal Dorval 7.82 million

So Neil, was your bet for just Dorval, or Montreal in general?
Mark McWhirter...Contrails Photography

captaingomes

Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:43 pm

Mark #2 is looking for trouble!

I will see if I can find out the deal with C-FRAP. I have a feeling it's a long-term lease.

yyz717

Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:06 am

It must have just been painted! I drove along Derry Road on Wed and C-FRAP was still all white.

Hey Mark, where did you get those stats? I love em!

Neil

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

fallingeese

Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:58 am

They were in the Calgary Herald a few days ago, along with an article that if Milton and the other head management leave then the money from GE Capital will not be comming.
Mark McWhirter...Contrails Photography

flyyul

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:40 am

You love dont you Neil... same argument your gonna use about Calgary having more HQ's..

In any event, Calgary sits at 7.8 million, Montreal sits at 8.8 million.

What is funny to note is that after 09/11, Montreal and Toronto both lost 8% of their passengers, while Calgary only lost 3.66%...

Toronto will likely sit somewhere near 20 million for 2003, with about a 20% reduction in number of enplaned and deplaned passengers.

In 2001, before 09/11, Montreal sat comfortably at 9.6 million pax versus Calgary's 7.9million pax..

Not so good for YYC I guess.

Mark

captaingomes

Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:47 pm

What are the sources for the different numbers? What justifies the differences? Why do one set of numbers put YUL on top, while the other set puts YYC on top? Just thought I'd ask!

yyz717

Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:22 pm

What are the sources for the different numbers? What justifies the differences? Why do one set of numbers put YUL on top, while the other set puts YYC on top? Just thought I'd ask!

The most up-to-date source seems to be the Calgary Herald which has full 2002 figures.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

Qb001

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:15 pm

I might be wrong, but I think FLYYUL adds up numbers from YUL and YMX, which probably explains why he is referring to Montreal, and not YUL.

So it's one thing to compare YUL to YYC, it's another to compare Montreal to Calgary.

I can see from here that this post will degenerate...
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

Aviationman

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:54 pm

Actual numbers:

1st quarter 2003 YUL/YMX = 2,173,886

1st quarter 2003 YYC = 1,921,832

252,054 + for YUL/YMX

2002 YUL/YMX : 8,806,990

2002 YYC : 7,884,194

922,796 + for YUL/YMX

I am afraid YUL/YMX are still ahead.

1world

Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:19 am

I can't understand how this topic "C-FRAP In Air Luxor Colours At YYZ" turns into a debate on passenger movements.

It such childish bickering...........

With regards to C-FRAP, I was just over their (Saturday, June 21) and the tail is almost done. All that is missing is the circle on the tail + the registration has been removed and it looked like they were prepping it for the new reg....

Regards
YYZ spotter

BO__einG

Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:27 am

So if FRAP is now in Air Luxor colors, what will happen to Conquest and their present/future A330 fleet?
Other than FBUS, don't they have another one being used in africa by another operator and when will that be flying in Canada?

Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

slawko

Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:29 am

I've been told that all Skyservice 330's will be leaving the fleet, the Khaliffa Aircraft arrived in YYZ a few days ago and departed empty, RAP is now in air luxor colours and Im not sure what FBUS's fate is...Guess it took them 3 tries to figure out that a 330-300 is too much aircraft to try and run a domestic schedule with, even in the summer...
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

yyz717

Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:09 am

Airwaysnewsonline reports today that Corsair is wetleasing a 333 from Skyservice, presumably this would be the white-tail recently returned from Khalifa.

Is Skyservice still planning on operating the UK charter series to LGW & MAN this summer? Or has this been canned?

Neil

captaingomes

Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:18 am

I don't know if all flights to the UK have been canned, but many have at least. I guess Zoom has been able to supplant Skyservice on these routes.

C-FRAP is leased through ILFC to Air Luxor, and it will be leaving early this week. So seems to me that Skyservice will never see C-FRAP in service again, or any of the other A330's.

rootsgirl

Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:04 am

Conquest Vacations ( the tour operator ) leased RAP - SSV just ran it. So, Conquest cancelled all UK flying at their own discretion and decided to eliminate RAP from their programme. - What else is new with Conquest? They are notorious for altering schedules and cancelling flights. But having said this, SSV is not at liberty to interfere as Conquest is the customer and that aircraft was designated stricltly for them.

SSV signed a huge deal with Sunquest recently, which will apparently increase flying. I am not looking forward to the 9 B-757's that are coming our way... (and yes they are coming because we have inserts in our FAM's), I hope they won't be used for overseas - tight, tight, tight!

Talk of a temporary YVR base for the winter - nothing set in stone but they are adccepting transfer applications for it.

CF-BUS is a Sunquest designated aircraft, That will leave only 1 330 in the fleet of the 330's for SSV.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos