clickhappy

Clay Lacy Now An FBO?

Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:01 am

I see Clay Lacy has taken over the old Executive FBO at BFI, is this his first venture into the FBO biz?

Thanks.

Royal

USAFHummer

RE: Clay Lacy Now An FBO?

Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:37 am

According to http://www.claylacy.com he has an FBO at VNY as well which appears to be his main base of operations for his charter fleet...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:31 am

Clay has an outstanding FBO in VNY, and is tied with operations at other locations, as far as I recall he often had a satellite operation at BFI...
xxx
Obviously other places at times...
xxx
I used to fly with him part time, in the early 1970s (as Learjet instructor) when I was on furlough from PanAm, and he definitely deserves a lot of respect in the aviation industry. His "Charlie Lima" airplanes are well known. Over 90% of the quality air-to-air movies or photography (for airline commercials) are made from his Learjets equipped with Astrovision.
xxx
When I am in USA (that area used to be my home) I never fail to visit him at the office... Clay only talks airplane, nothing else...
xxx
Happy contrails  Smile
(s) Skipper

sllevin

Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:41 am

Like Skipper said the VNY operation has been around for decades. Clay was really the first Learjet salesman for Bill Lear.

I've had the opportunity to fly a Lear 24 with Clay on an air-to-air photo shoot, and his mastery of the 24 was incredible. Of course, he's probably got about 4 times as many hours in 20-series Lears as I have in total...  Smile

Steve

L-188

Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:08 pm

He has had that VNY operation for years

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.