LeoDF
Topic Author

Northeast Bolivian Airlines?

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:37 am

Hi,

Visiting Justplanes.com today, there is a photo of an L-1011 on the colors of Northeast (the 1970's airline from the US, in a white and yellow C/S) and it says that they've just added "Bolivian Airlines" to the plane.

Funny thing is that there used to be a Northeast Bolivian Airlines (NEBA), in Bolivia that operated I think Curtiss 46.

So, is this going to be a new Bolivian airline in the colors of the United States Northeast??

Any info??

Thank you!

Alejandro De Leo
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

IMissPiedmont

RE: Northeast Bolivian Airlines?

Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:13 pm

The prefix 3D- may well give a clue to the fact that the aircraft is a planned sub-lease. I see the aircraft daily and wait for it to move. I have doubts about it flying anywhere but up the road to MZJ for scrapping. Of course it was, presumably, going to make that 20 mile flight last month yet still sits in TUS.

As I've stated before, it is common to see aircraft at TUS with new liveries scrapped a few months later. I expect the same for this one. Although I'd love to look out and see it climbing away, I grow more doubtful by the day.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

LeoDF
Topic Author

Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:01 am

Ok thank you very much!

Sad to hear what will probably be its destiny!

A. De Leo
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

chrisair

Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:27 am

Rumor has it that this plane will be flying down to Bolivia very soon. It's going to fly for a subsidiary of another Bolivian airline, Lloyd Aero Boliviano, under the NE Bolivian title. From what I hear, Tri-Star Capital, who owns the plane is not planning on torching it yet. There has been extensive work done to get the plane airworthy again that tops the $1 million mark. (The exact figure slips me right now).

IMissPiedmont

Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:17 pm

I see the airplane daily and yes, it has been fitted for airline service at a cost over $1M. I'm looking forward to the day I can post that it flew away from TUS and not enroute to MZJ.

It is, however, on it's last gulp of life. If this falls through, Hamilton will repo it and pay a scrapper to bring in the "claw." I've seen it happen quite often. I hope I'm wrong again but every morning I see it, the more I think it's doomed.

Crying

Alpha

Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:34 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris Coduto

Steph

LeoDF
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:27 am

Thank you everyone. Everything is now clearer!

Hope to see this plane flying soon!

Alejandro De Leo
Lloyd Aereo Boliviano

IMissPiedmont

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:39 pm

I hope this is allowed. This is exact quote from an E-mail I got this morning form a non member. If I am in violation of any rule, I apoligize. I hope to see the beast leave TUS soon without my seeing it in MZJ the next day.

"This L-1011(3D-NEG) will go to south america soon. It is associated with VIVA
This is a site set up by a fellow VIVI investor http://www.vivaair.org/ and VIVA's own site which is still under construction, but due to be updated soon http://www.vivaairlines.com/ (note the routes in Blue - for NEBA)

I also have heard that LAB http://www.labairlines.com/ is involved. From what I understand there is going to be some sort of joint venture between VIVA and LAB in regards to NEBA.
You can call Tom Jolitz @ 248-875-5626 (he is on the board of VIVA) and has been instrumental in their equipment procural.

You have my permission to post this on the A.net thread regarding this if you wish."

ghost77

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:32 pm

Huhhh! Hot and great news! I really want NEBA to fly with their own equipment to MEX! If LAB is also involved, hope LAB and NEBA not to codeshare their flights to MEX!......

ghost77  Smile

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos