Bruce
Topic Author

Seeking Name Of Ground Services Company

Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:07 pm

Does anyone know the name of a ground services company that provides Ramp service for USAir Express? Is it different at every airport? what company services US Ex at your airport? The Ramp Agents at my airport wear a shirt with a name of "service air" or something like that, maybe I spelled it wrong but I cant find anything on that company.

this company supposedly had job openings but the phone # is listed as belonging to "aviation ground services" but again, I cant find anything on that company and that's not what they wear on their shirts. the phone # is picked up by a guy who does not say the name of his company!

Is it common for airlines to contract out for Ramp agents and even gate agents at smaller airports?

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

lasbagman

RE: Seeking Name Of Ground Services Company

Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:56 pm

The company is :
Servisair - GlobeGround
and handling companies differ in services offered and airlines in each city.
I work for Servisair - GlobeGround and we handle 11 airlines in my station.
We do Passenger Check in , Operations, Gates, Baggage Service, Ramp and Cabin Cleaning.
Check the website: WWW Globeground. Com

Bruce
Topic Author

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:43 pm

that's the one. thanks! they have a job opening here and i'm going to apply. are they a good company to work for. I guess the only down side would be you dont get Flight benefits like the airline guys do, but maybe its easier to get in with a company like this than the airline.

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

venuscat2

Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:04 am

If I'm not mistaken, at GRR, Servisair only does baggage handling for the airlnes that they contract with (DL, US, and one flight for UA). Is this correct?

WMUPilot

Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:16 am

In GRR Servisair does baggage handling for DL, USEX, YX and UA flt 420 arrival at 2300. They also handle Miami Air Charters as well as any TZ charters.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel