airmale

Pulkovo-The Best Russian Airline?

Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:40 pm

Looks like it, they're proudly flying well maintained Russian planes in a tastefully done simple livery, they should've been the Russian flag carrier, maybe Aeroflot can learn from them.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Janne Laukkonen

BTW they have dropped the English 'PULKOVO' title frm the livery. Looking good with the Russian name.
.....up there with the best!

swissgabe

RE: Pulkovo-The Best Russian Airline?

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:17 pm

Never flew Pulkovo, only Aeroflot some years back.

But from what I heard is, that Aeroflot isn't that bad anymore, in fact I heard that the offer a quite reasonable service.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:22 pm

I don't know if Pulkovo is very reliable. In Geneva they always say they plan to fly once weekly and kind of fly in whenever they feel like it! I was said the do the same in London Gatwick. Don't know much more about them. Regarding the topic i'm sure Aeroflot is miles ahead of Pulkovo for service and maintenance...

Tim

Superfly

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:27 pm

How does Air Sibir rank?
Bring back the Concorde

airmale

Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:28 pm

I just saw in the photo database they never carried English 'Polkovo' tilte, odd, I thought I saw them with that.
.....up there with the best!

airsicknessbag

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:35 am

I flew FV twice four months ago ( http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/30546/ ) Service was excellent, but I ca´n only compare it to Belavia´s, which was slightly less good. I guess a major advantage of SU are the planes. FV´s TU5, even if they´re quite young, are rather uncomfortable (and Belavia´s Yak 40 are of course even worse).

Daniel Smile