STT757
Topic Author

Add KLM To The List Of Airlines @ Baghdad Intl

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:38 am

Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

EGGD

RE: Add KLM To The List Of Airlines @ Baghdad Intl

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:46 am

Well yes, as we all saw during the war, Baghdad is a rather large city, so obviously when things stabilize over there as many airlines as possible want to stake their claim to it  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cedarjet

Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:16 am

I think BA have got it right - when a US soldier is killed in action every day in a potential destination, and British troop losses since the "end of the war" are the same relative to their comparative presence, there are indeed "security issues to be resolved". I hope for a speedy return to normality and ceasing of violence in Iraq, but given the situation at the moment, I wouldn't expect any serious commercial flights to Baghdad this year, except an occasional World Airways MD11 with a Swiss tail, a few Royal Jordanian A320s and some kind of "Iraqi" "airline" using ATRs, backed to the hilt by the US or UN which manages a couple of fleets a week between Baghdad and Amman (but probably not domestic).
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

godbless

Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:28 pm

Now after the past Gulf War is over we hear about all thos airlines wanting to fly to Baghdad but what is going on with Kabul?
I know that Iraq will of course draw more passengers but didn't at least Austrian want to serve Kabul?

Max

airmale

Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:55 pm

I like the way all these airlines are making definite announcements about returning and yet stating that only if security is tight, I doubt any of them will be flying there in the near future.
.....up there with the best!