STT757
Topic Author

Add KLM To The List Of Airlines @ Baghdad Intl

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:38 am

Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

EGGD

RE: Add KLM To The List Of Airlines @ Baghdad Intl

Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:46 am

Well yes, as we all saw during the war, Baghdad is a rather large city, so obviously when things stabilize over there as many airlines as possible want to stake their claim to it  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cedarjet

Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:16 am

I think BA have got it right - when a US soldier is killed in action every day in a potential destination, and British troop losses since the "end of the war" are the same relative to their comparative presence, there are indeed "security issues to be resolved". I hope for a speedy return to normality and ceasing of violence in Iraq, but given the situation at the moment, I wouldn't expect any serious commercial flights to Baghdad this year, except an occasional World Airways MD11 with a Swiss tail, a few Royal Jordanian A320s and some kind of "Iraqi" "airline" using ATRs, backed to the hilt by the US or UN which manages a couple of fleets a week between Baghdad and Amman (but probably not domestic).
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

godbless

Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:28 pm

Now after the past Gulf War is over we hear about all thos airlines wanting to fly to Baghdad but what is going on with Kabul?
I know that Iraq will of course draw more passengers but didn't at least Austrian want to serve Kabul?

Max

airmale

Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:55 pm

I like the way all these airlines are making definite announcements about returning and yet stating that only if security is tight, I doubt any of them will be flying there in the near future.
.....up there with the best!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos