Timing is the issue. The following criteria/conditions will be needed for the US BoD to approve an IPO:
1. A demonstrated turnaround in US Airways financials,
2. An improved airline industry financial outlook in general,
3. An improvement in general stock market performance,
4. A firmer US economic outlook,
5. A clearly defined expansion strategy that would make an IPO attractive.
Achievement of the above 5 are partially within US Airways control. Nonetheless, it may take several years for the conditions to be correct for an IPO.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.