We all have our personal favourite airlines aircraft and manufacturers. Unwillingness to give ground in discussions like these is a bit frustrating. Its like people saying the A340 is a better aircraft than the triple seven. This is not true, though what the hell makes a plane better than another one anyway? Conversely, the A330 is supposed to be a better plane than the 767. Wouldnt know. Never flown one. And neither have the majority of you lot by the sounds of it.
This may be OT
but i dont care its relevent here so i'll say it. Politics and Airliners. Linked. Its annoying, because in an ideal world airlines would order the best suited aircraft to their needs. Alas this is not the case. Irritating when you know that an airline is only buying a plane becasue of political pressure put upon them by people. It happens - accept it.
The problem is this.
The large faction here of "a certain type of person" that really annoys me. You know who i mean, though i doubt you know who you are.
* You think you know all about this industry, and certainly better then any airline CEO you care to name.
* Whats worse, you think everyone knows less than you, and when someone says something on here in error you smugly put that person well and truly in their place, just so everyone knows you are more knowlegable.
* You associate the AvsB thing to nationalism, which, while based in fact, has no place here.
* All that teenage high school angst that you have, you seem determined to take out on people here. If the Dalai Llama or Buddha himself said that he thought your favourite airline sucked in economy class you would flame him like Joan of Arc. Why? Its a discussion group!
* Since when has discussion meant "not accept any views that differ from my own and anyone who does not think im right is clearly a moron and I shall flame him in a vitriolic and wholly unecessary way in full view? It is not your patriotic duty to bash Airbus/Boeing. You will not go to Hell if you admit that you do kind of like such and such's product as it is kind of nice, despite being from across the Atlantic.
* There are few women on here, and those that are are for the most part not even slightly interested in you, so leave the teenage testosterone in your sock drawer, and try listening to people for a change instead of flaming them cos you like look like such a tough guy to use big words and clever insinuations....
* A wiser man than I once said that "When your mouth is open and you speak, you cannot learn anything".
* I am a Brit who likes America, is engaged to an Alaskan, and love flying Airbusses. And Boeings. And Lockheeds. And McDonnell Douglas. And Embraer. And Canadair. And Fokkers. What does this tell you about my political orientation??
NOTHING!!! ITS NONE OF
YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!!!
To make my point,
Lets leave the nationalism at home please? You are not impressing anyone and remember, National Socialism was founded on the belief that Germans were superior and everyone else was wrong. In a spooky little microcosm, (and im not suggesting you go out and burn A320 flight manuals here) but the principle is the same. Quit trying to appear superior cos "your airline" (???) ordered the plane you like best because of where its made. Nobody is impressed. You should be happy people are ordering planes full stop. After recent events thats something good isnt it?
...Just my two dollars/euros worth.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???