I LOVE EWR
Topic Author

Skydiving Plane Shot At Over Long Island

Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:44 am

mirrodie

RE: Skydiving Plane Shot At Over Long Island

Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:04 am

NO, you want to know whats REALLY scary?

Another spotter and I were questioned for THREE hours at ISP on 7/4/03 for spotting.

I wonder if that incident has anything to do with why we were incarcerated for 3 hours.

Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

cancidas

Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:07 am

That is scary! I can't imagine that someone would be that upset! Although, I know that in Prescott, AZ the golfers near the Prescott airport would pitch golfballs sometimes at Embry-Riddle planes taking off. I wonder what possessed the guy to shoot at it.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

prosa

Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:23 am

NO, you want to know whats REALLY scary?
Another spotter and I were questioned for THREE hours at ISP on 7/4/03 for spotting.
I wonder if that incident has anything to do with why we were incarcerated for 3 hours.

Where had you been spotting?
Was it Suffolk P.D. that questioned you?
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

MD-90

Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:57 am

Mirrodie, compared to be shot at, that's not very scary. Annoying, yes; scary, no.

mirrodie

Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:42 pm

PROSA- yes.

MD-90- YOu may be misunderstanding. I thought that perhaps we were questioned in conjunction to this incident. But it never came up.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

cancidas

Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:50 pm

Well my experience with being interogated was not for spotting but for bringing my flight bag onto a plane.

I was flying from PHX to DEN to LGA last August and had my flight bag as a carryon item(that bag was worth more than my car at the time and I wasn't going to let it out of my sight). I had a manual for a Cessna Caravan, my logbook, pilot's certificate, medical certificate, charts, appoach plates and other such documents. Anyway, the screeners decided I was a threat to the flight and had me detained for 8 hours pending verification of my identification. Once they decided to compare my passport, driver's liscence, pilot certificate, medical certificate, EMT certificate and ID from the EMs provider I was working for(badge included) they let me go. It seems that they are going a little to far!
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

mirrodie

Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:00 pm

They sounds like a bunch of idiots to me! Sorry to hear that you hit the 8 hour mark Cancidas! Unbelieveable!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos