deltaflyertoo

Experiences With Arlines In The 80s?

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:15 am

I remember back in 85 taking a USAir flight from IAH to PIT. It was a 737-200 in a one class coach configuration. I remember the seats being light brown with little red and maroon squares on them. They served wine, apple or orange juice before push back. After take off we were served a full chicken dinner, complete w/ veggies, salad, fruit and cake. After dinner a full round of drinks came through again. Two years later, I flew USAir again from SFO to PIt on a 727-200. Similar experience only this flight offered audio entertainment through a pneumatic headset.

So....my question is this, what I experienced above were the days, and by today's standards, seem so far ago. Anyone else have cool airline experiences from the 80s?

Capital146

RE: Experiences With Arlines In The 80s?

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:53 am

I remember back in 1982 on a 737-200 flight from Manchester to Mahon (Menorca) with Orion Airways being thrilled when one of the F/A's came around the cabin offering boiled sweets before take off. Britannia Aiways had never done this on my previous flights (I was 8 years old at the time and easily pleased!). I always loved Orion until they were merged with Britannia in 1988.

I also remember in 1987 flying on a then high tech 737-300 from LBA to PMI with the brand new airline Air Europa and being offered complimentary earphones for the music channels.

Like a fine wine, one gets better with age.

aa61hvy

RE: Experiences With Arlines In The 80s?

Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:00 am

I remember on AA's 727's they would serve omlettes and pancakes for breakfast in coach.
Go big or go home

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos