hockey55dude

San Diego Airlines.

Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:51 am

Does any of you now any new airlines that will go to San Diego

lindy field

RE: San Diego Airlines.

Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:39 am

Hockey,

Do you live in San Diego by any chance? The only new airline in San Diego this year is JetBlue. They started service at the end of last month with a single daily flight but are adding a second next week. Both flights go to JFK.

In the future chances are fairly good that Air Tran will start SAN service once their 737s are delivered. Spirit and ATA are other possibilities for new entrants. If there's a sustained economic recovery, San Diego may have a chance to lure more international service, mostly likely from Lufthansa, which has considered San Diego as a destination in the past. Flights to Japan are also a slim possibility. Maybe Mexicana or Allegro with new destinations in Mexico?

nicksair

Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:31 pm

at the moment jetBlue is the new airline on the block in San Diego. i also see AirTran coming around soon. Lufthansa.... eh i dont know but i've been hearing about BA leaving but so far this is a rumor...
Regards,
Nick
KSAN/KLAX/KSFO
Nicholas William Reed KSAN/KLAX/KSFO

Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:36 pm

But the scenery is what makes SAN attractive!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Stephen Tornblom/Flying Images Worldwide

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Stephen

lindy field

Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:05 pm

Looks like BA is going to suspend its LHR flight come fall. Incidentally, Virgin has looked at SAN in the past. Perhaps they'd like to come in now.... Please!