CLEfan

Commutair B-1900

Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:51 pm

Driving past CLE the other day, I saw 3 Commutair B-1900's sitting behind Concourse D. I noticed that they were still in USAirways colors. Are there any plans to repaint them to CO's colors? Also how have these new flights been doing for Commutair and CO?

ouboy79

RE: Commutair B-1900

Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:21 pm

I've noticed the same thing, interestingly enough...they had an ex-US BE1 here in TOL for the press conference on their first day of flying - nice touch.  Big grin Eitherway, there are some in CO colors and we do see them here from time to time.

As far as performance, locally in May they had a load factor around 33% for 4 flights per day that month. June numbers are not available yet, but I should have those in a day or so.

UN_B732

Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:38 pm

HOw does Commutair Surivive with such bad load-factors, BTV isn't much better... for load-factors...but at least all the ex-US ones I've seen say Continental Connection on a blue background.
-UN
What now?

Alpha 1

Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:05 pm

UN B732, sometimes it isn't the load factor that determines a route's success. Sometimes it's what the break-even point is for a given market. For example, a few years back CO ran a CLE-SRQ. It had the highest daily load factor in the entier CO system, yet it lost a $1 million each month, because it was all deeply discounted fares, and Senior citizen fares. There's not business travel in that market.

Now, you get to the Commutair markets, and the break-even point, profit and loss, on average, is 6 customers per flight. Sometimes you'll have less than 6 on those flights, but more times than not, you're breaking even, or making at least a small profit. You don't have to fill a plane to make a profit. The Commutair markets are doing OK on that score.

CLEfan

Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:53 am

Any information on the other destinations? Will Commutair add any flights from CLE or will they only serve the cities that COEX left a few years ago?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos