Rate Alaska Airlines!

Sun Dec 12, 1999 10:43 pm

I have heard good words about alaska airlines and my experience from flying with them is the probably the best flying experience i have had!
But I want your opinion and experiences!

dash8tech

RE: Rate Alaska Airlines!

Mon Dec 13, 1999 12:13 am

That's easy! Great airline...good people. Enjoyed every minute of every flight I've been on. Cheers!

Charles802

Mon Dec 13, 1999 12:43 am

Didn't we just have this thread? Oh well...they are still as good an airline as they were then. The whole experience on the ground is very pleasant..., on-time departures, electronic check-in options, lots of employees to assit, good baggage handling etc... They also have an excellent frequent flyer program, with loads of partners.
Once in the air, the service is good, for a US carrier. The fleet of 737s and MD-80s are the among the youngest and most modern of any domestic carrier, and they are clean and attractive inside and out. Seat pitch is not bad. The F/As are typically friendly and efficient. Not really any in-flight entertainment, but they are looking into a really cool live satellite TV system (doing a test run of it in March). Meals aren't huge, but they are usually very good.

I guess that basically sums it up. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to a friend.

CXA340

Mon Dec 13, 1999 1:34 am

Never flown with them but I like the inuit (Eskimo) on the tail!
CXA340

OnTheFly

Mon Dec 13, 1999 2:51 pm

I do the SFO-SEA hop quite a bit and Alaska is, by far, my favorite option for that route. One of my most enjoyable flights ever was from SFO-PVR on an Alaska MD80. I was headed to Mexico for a week of vacation in the sun, as were most of the folks on board. The pilot apparently picked up on the festive atmosphere because starting at about 30 minutes out of PVR and well into our initial descent, he stayed on the intercom for easily 10 minutes describing great seafood restaurants, prime fishing spots and nice places to watch the sunset.
Alakska is a class operation and a nice break from the larger carriers.

OnTheFly

Mon Dec 13, 1999 2:52 pm

I do the SFO-SEA hop quite a bit and Alaska is, by far, my favorite option for that route. One of my most enjoyable flights ever was from SFO-PVR on an Alaska MD80. I was headed to Mexico for a week of vacation in the sun, as were most of the folks on board. The pilot apparently picked up on the festive atmosphere because starting at about 30 minutes out of PVR and well into our initial descent, he stayed on the intercom for easily 10 minutes describing great seafood restaurants, prime fishing spots and nice places to watch the sunset.
Alaska is a class operation and a nice break from the larger carriers.

ywg777

Tue Dec 14, 1999 11:31 am

Alaska Airlines is a great airline to fly. Will they start service into YWG? I know they have service to YVR,YYC, Can you find out for me. Thanks.
Happy Holidays
YWG777