Leneld
Topic Author

Alaska Airlines Future Plans For PDX

Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:58 am

Alaska Airlines has expanded out of Seattle with many flights and new destinations this year. The Airlines also has a hub Portland. Does anyone know what the airlines future plans are for PDX once all of the new concourse C gates become availible later this month. It would be great to see new destinations to the east.

TLHFLA

RE: Alaska Airlines Future Plans For PDX

Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:55 am

PDX could really use an increse in service. Alaska, or any carrier for that matter, should consider serving PDX-JFK.
Bill in ATL

flyboy80

Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:24 am

PDX is indeed at Hub for Alaska, but is a lot more foccused on Horizon Air (their regional sister company). I believe that PDX will expand as the economy and all these "things" get back into their "norm" AS has great service and theres still plenty of room for PDX-West Coast expansion, although I don't see AS flying to New York Or Washington D.C. any time soon, I could certainly predict them expanding PDX-Mexico (even more likely adding a flight or two from PDX-Florida, which has been unserved, but is/was? Only served from SEA by AA, Obviously AS serves the FL market now though, and they could possibly be looking to expand it) The leisure market out of PDX needs some improvement, there once was Air Transat flying to Cancun, and we now have Mexicana flying to some Mexican city, That "G" one I think. So Hopefully we can see PDX's heavy leisure market take off with AS. ALso, AS is extreamly into sponsering and supporting leisure associated events in mexico, I wouldn't be supprized to hear of some non stops to Mexico, once again on behalf of their Mexico bound services.

kwbl

Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:29 pm

I do not see AS doing much more expansion at PDX in the 2-3 years (just a hunch) until they have finished the SEA expansion. There are still many routes out of SEA that they are probably more interested in (MSY, PIT, PHL, STL, MCI etc). Having said that, I think they could do well from PDX to JFK, BOS and maybe MCO but it will be several years. I think any real expansion at PDX on AS will be to the west coast or it will be on Horizon. I would like to see JetBlue at PDX

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos