Odette Airways Info Needed!

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:47 am

I know - weeks ago there have been people saying that Swiss airline Odette Airways will go low-cost.... With a couple of F-100s...

But nothing moved yet and the airline's homepage is ... in one word... BAD - without any info. So, I'm looking for a spotting destination for my winter holidays... for low-cost prices... My first tought was Germania Express either from SZG or ZRH to PMI (because I'm living at INN...) but then I recognized that they're flying only once a week - so - too much days - and a too expensive stay.

My second tought was Air Berlin Cityshuttle out of ZRH... but the problem is that the're flying to Germany only and I even don't want to think about the low temperatures up in Hamburg or Berlin during December...

So, finally - I hoped that Odette will open their low-cost sector and fly somewhere to the south region of Europe... And my question... does anybody know something about the plans of Odette???

When will they start low-cost ops and WHERE and how frequently are they going to fly ???

Thanks very much!

RE: Odette Airways Info Needed!

Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:15 pm

No details about routes have been published yet. Obviously they will serve ten destinations and start in October with the first few Fokker 100s.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:57 pm

ciao florian,

i booked IBZ one month ago with Germanwings. Going from ZRH via CGN to IBZ. the trip cost me only 220 sfr 2way  Smile/happy/getting dizzy compared to something around 600 sfr direct ZRH to IBZ  Smile/happy/getting dizzy also IBZ is great for spotting, watch out for some great actionshots on arrival and departure, cant wait to submit some IBZ shot , due to the fact there are only few and old ones in the db ....

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:27 pm

Didn't Germanwings apply for slots from ZRH to MAD? That would be a nice spotting trip.

Another tip: book a Europe Web Saver at SWISS. I just booked ZRH-BCN-ZRH for CHR 129. That's a fair deal!!!!

dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:35 pm

Odette Airways flies to Skopje. Why not for a change...  Acting devilish Big grin Big grin

Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:23 pm

Thanks guys!

I really like the germanwings idea to open more routes from ZRH... I'd have an aunt in ZRH, so that would be THE perfect airport for 4U opening a second hub  Big thumbs up

Let's hope these plans are becoming true...

cheers, Florian