hockey55dude

San Diego To Vancouver On Alaska Airlines?

Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:52 am

Look at their route map! http://www.alaskaair.com/images/asqxroutemap.jpg

Arrow

RE: San Diego To Vancouver On Alaska Airlines?

Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:00 am

Is there a reason you find this intriguing? I've flown Vancouver to San Francisco and Palm Springs, too. I'm not a particular fan of Alaska, but it worked and the price was right.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

futureualpilot

Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:02 am

Considering SAN is very lacking in interrnational services(One AC flight to canada, one to Mexico, and BA is discontinuing their SAN-LGW service later this year)....yes, it is interesting.
Life is better when you surf.

Mike77

Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:25 am

WHAT? BA will no longer serve SAN after this year? That's too bad! I used to live in San Diego and looked forward to that 777 coming in a few times a week. Are the load factors really that low on the SAN-LGW runs?

futureualpilot

Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:28 am

I'm not sure the reason for stopping service, but in a forum here on A.net it was confirmed that BA won't serve SAN after something like October or around there Sad Hopefully they won't be pulling out permanently....but maybe we'll see a new carrier here! (Doubtful, but I can hope cant I?)

airplanetire

Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:03 am

Didn't BA switch their SAN, PHX, and DEN fligths to LHR from LGW because they found a loophole in Bermuda II?

-Airplanetire

futureualpilot

Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:07 am

I think you are right, however I have heard both LGW and LHR from SAN, but I am not sure which, so I said LGW because that is where the 777 first served from SAN. :p

737-990

Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:30 am

Back to the original post, the map is wrong, Alaska does not serve SAN-YVR non-stop anymore. It used to serve it non-stop back in 1996, infact SAN was the first city Alaska flew from YVR (served twice daily). This was before the open skies agreement between Canada/U.S. and it was the only city it could be authorized to fly to from YVR. It was later amended so that it could make an inroute stop at LAX (YVR-LAX-SAN), which was Alaska's intent all along. By 1997 SAN was dropped altogether when open skies went into effect.
Happiest is a man who has his vocation as a hobby

Trvlr

Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:25 pm

Apart from SAN-YVR, the map looks up-to-date (showing East Coast nonstops etc). I'm not sure it means anything, but maybe this means Alaska will relaunch SAN-YVR soon? I have a hard time believing Alaska has overlooked the removal of SAN-YVR on this map for 6 years now.

Aaron G.

yyz717

Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:31 pm

AC has stopped the SAN-YYZ A319 service recently after running for several years. It's due to restart in May 2004.

CP also flew 2x daily SAN-YVR in the mid-90's with the 732. The service was short-lived.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.