jmets18

New East Terminal In Atlanta & Fifth Runway

Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:44 pm

What is everyone's opinion on the new East Terminal at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport? Will this bring more of an international atmosphere (more international flights) to Atlanta? And what about the 5th runway? What do they need this for?

Here is the link for the new East Terminal.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/delta/0703/22terminal.html

I think it's really going to add to an ever expanding airport.

gr8slvrflt

RE: New East Terminal In Atlanta & Fifth Runway

Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:01 pm

Atlanta's delays are once again getting out of hand; the fifth runway is desperately needed. The Eastside international terminal will help those travelers immensely. Currently, upon arriving from Europe or Latin America, one has to claim their bags, clear customs and immigration, then recheck bags, ride the train to the main terminal and claim them once again! It's quite a time consuming hassle. Any expansion to the Atlanta airport in the past has proved the adage, "Build it and they will come." There are also plans for a new Southside concourse between the existing and new runways. This will probably be used by either AirTran or Delta Connection (most likely AirTran).
I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.