I have stumbled across some job openings on the www.emiratesgroupcareers.com website. The National Graduate Trainee Program, as it is called, hires UAE citizens in the age bracket 21-27, with a Bachelor/HD degrees. No aviation experience is required and the end objective is becoming an Assistant or Area Manager in one of Emirates' markets.
I truly believe that my CV, credentials and potential contribution to the Emirates Group are impressive. Here are some notes about my background:
- 25 years old
- Perfectly fluent in Arabic, English and French and beginner in Spanish, willing to learn other languages if necessary.
- Hold a Masters degree in Engineering (relevant in my opinion)
- Founded and managed Eurostar Aviation since 1996, a virtual group of 1000+ professional flight simmers, simulating an airline run by a management (www.esava.net). I also co-designed the automated online operations site, Pegasus, for Eurostar Aviation.
- Have a thorough understanding of the aviation industry and have been following it since I was 10 years old. I have also been watching Emirates and its progress since its early days. I have keeping up to date with publications such as Flight International, Air Transport World, etc..
- I have a deep passion for the airline industry and my great admiration and respect for Emirates is even deeper. It would be a dream-come-true to join them.
- I will be in Dubai in December for an interview.
Now I guess you have expected this: I am not a UAE citizen . But:
- I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia and I am familiar with the local market.
- I speak Arabic fluently, along with English and French
- As a person of Palestinian origin, I do not have a national carrier to join but I believe in Arab unity and brotherhood and as such, joining Emirates is my natural choice.
I plan on submitting an extensive application online and perhaps write a letter to whoever is responsible, to ask if such an exception would be made.
Do you think I stand a chance? Is there anybody you know I shoud contact BEFORE submitting the CV needlessly?
Thank you very much for you assistance ,