freakfor747

Aspen Airport

Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:17 am

I have heard that they will change it and put more airlines in it is such a small airport the biggest plane that flys in their is the BAe 146.What are the airlines that fly their and what aircrafts do they fly.Thanks
LAX ROCKS

RE: Aspen Airport

Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:57 pm

During the winter months, Continental, American, Delta, and Northwest, all fly 757s into Aspen for the skiers.

I  Love BOI

nwcoflyer

Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:05 pm

IloveBOI,

I think that you are referring to Eagle/Vail. I am sure that NW has never flown 57s out of Aspens, and I think that goes for the rest of the pack. The reason they use 146s is because of their great short field takeoff performance.

When NW Airlink (XJ) still flew MSP-ASE in before 9/11, I flew that route, and it was the most frightening landing I have ever had. We had a strong thunderstorm, major wind, and mountains all around. Just amazing, and unforgettable.
The New American is arriving.

jcs17

Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:49 am

The only seasonal service at ASE is NW with Avro 85s to MSP. Other than that, the two airlines that fly to ASE year-round is HP from PHX with Dash-8s and United with BAe-146s from DEN.

I flew to ASE in June of this year and didnt think that the approach was alarming at all...Actually, it seemed quite standard for a regional jet, just marginally steeper with a small amount of turbulence.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos