I think you have to be Singaporean to fully appreciate the following but here it is anyway!
Here are ten ways of knowing you're flying on Singapore Airlines' proposed new low budget airline...
10. No boarding pass is needed – you use your EZ
Link card (but do remember to swipe out when you disembark).
9. They serve you Newater instead of champagne.
(Note: Newater is Singapore's answer to our water woes so that the nonsense with Malaysia over our water supply stops. It is basically treated sewage, to put it politely)
8. The world-famous “Singapore Girls” wear sarongs, instead of the famed “sarong kebaya”.
7. The “Singapore Girls” look like the cleaning ladies from the office (if you look closer, beyond the heavy make-up, they ARE the cleaning ladies from the office!)
6. There is no air-conditioning – to compensate, all windows remain open throughout the flight.
5. You have to bring your own food (although durians are still not allowed onboard despite (6) above).
4. The planes land on Sentosa Island (yet another way to boost tourism on that island).
3. The sole inflight entertainment is karaoke singing.
2. There is no such thing as first, business or economy class. In fact, there is no class.
1. The planes are flown by LRT (light rail transit) train drivers (but, wait a minute, you say: “There are no drivers on the LRT trains!” Exactly).