Jetsgo

Do You Keep Anything From A Flight?

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:15 am

Usually when I fly, I will keep the ticket and whatever is handed out; napkins, cups, headphones, ect. Do any of you do the same? If so, what?

Chris
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

VS340

RE: Do You Keep Anything From A Flight?

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:23 am

I have kept the tickets and boarding passes from my first ever flight but thats it

America West

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:28 am

I keep the headset and of course the ticket jacket and things like that. I also keep the in-flight magazine.

redngold

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:40 am

in-flight magazine
napkin, if unused and printed with something worthwhile (I have a couple from WN)

redngold
Up, up and away!

UA777lover

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:43 am

I keep the safety card from the planes. My friends know that if they fly an airline other than AC or UA, they should take the card for me. I have quite the collection! As for the earphones, I spent the 300 on the Bose headphones. Best money I ever spent!

fly727

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:53 am

In-flight magazines, boarding passes, tickets. To be honest I used to keep the safety briefing cards. Not anymore although it is still tempting.

As I live in a beach destination I get to see lots of morons trying to keep the a/c life jackets. I get really pi**ed at them and always call the police for a good warm welcome  Acting devilish

RM
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

cmckeithen

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:56 am

I keep everything from a trip....minus the cups, napkins, and magazines.

CanadianNorth

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:01 am

I ussually keep the boarding pass, sometimes the inflight magazine, and i know it sounds crazy but i am known to after the meal quietly put the fork on my pocket and maybe some other things on the tray worth keeping...

CanadianNorth
Way to go, nice and slow, never late, 748!

emiratesa345

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:02 am

Currently I'm trying to get my hands on an airline life jacket. Won;t be flying anytime soon, so I can't "borrow" one myself. LOL I usually keep all paper handouts as well as spoons. All my friends know that when they fly, they are to return with the spoon. I have both plastic and metal spoons and am looking for new ones. If you'd like to contribute to my cause, feel free to contact me.

Thank you for choosing Emirates!

EmiratesA345  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

gigneil

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:03 am

I keep boarding receipts for 6 months in case I fail to get credited... and I always horde amenity kits to give to guests that have forgotten something.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I always have my own small personal kit onboard longhaul flights.

N

ted747

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:13 am

Well I must say I have a soft spot for the blankets from business or first - have some from Qantas, Cathay, BA and my old favourite Ansett.

t.

Mike77

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:42 am

I am such a pack-rat with various items from flights I have been on. I always take the safety cards and inflight magazines. I'll take napkins that have the airline logo and/or route map on them. I have salt & pepper shakers, moist towlettes, bars of soap, silverwear, etc. My collection got so out-of-hand that now I will only take things that are from a random airline or type of plane. When I was traveling through Australia in 1991, I took safety cards from every airline I went on. When I checked my carry-on through security, they singled my bag out to search. The security guy saw the safety cards and started yelling at me and took them from me. I was only 12 at the time and he scared the hell out of me. Then my Dad got in a fight with the security guy for yelling at me. So much drama for a piece of airline memorobilia. I ended up getting them confiscated, and I'll never be able to replace them which is too bad. But it's probably good, as my collection is too big as it is. My latest: a saftey card from an AW 737-300 I got last month.

MCIB757

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:23 am

I always keep the ticket stub and cover, and if I have checked baggage I will keep the baggage tags. Also, isn't it against federal law to take the safety cards, but o well, its just fun and I'm sure they don't really care.

Tom
"God bless catastrophe..."

Cathay Pacific

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:28 am

Basically I clear everything in the seat pocket as well as the menu + my ticket and boarding pass.  Smile

Got a couple of blankets as well. Big grin

[Edited 2003-08-06 04:37:43]
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

modesto2

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:31 am

I try to keep the flight plan...that's the best thing. Sometimes, I keep the luggage tags and boarding passes. I always keep the memories...

DFWLandingPath

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:36 am

I keep most everything that I can, from cups to tickets. My favorite are blankets, bought a BA off of Ebay, took two from AA, one from AC and one from UAL. Most of the time I usually keep the barf bags too... you never know when they may come in handy  Big grin Safety cards are tempting, but I always have this fear of me taking the safety card and something happening on the plane.

Cheers,
DFWLandingPath

Matt D

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:37 am

Back when I used to fly, I would always save something, usually the tickets or at least the stubs. If I happened to find any other trinkets that interested me, I would occasionally snag them. Among my collection:

A still sealed pair of headphones with the old USAir logo embossed on it

A sealed set of real metal Continental "silverware" (wonder if these would be worth anything now?)

A couple of water bottles fron National that had cool color labels of the logo and a picture of the plane. Looked really sharp if held up to a bright light

Assorted America West (burgundy logo) items including a bag of pretzels, peanuts, and a soap bar. I wonder of the snacks, being 1995 vintage, are still edible?

Cathay Pacific

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:40 am

Seems like we are a bunch of thieves huh!  Wow! Big grin Big grin
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

POSITIVE RATE

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:41 am

I always keep the boarding passes as momentos.

aa757first

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:44 am

Nothing. The safety cards say "Do not remove from aircraft," right? Big grin

ted747

Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:11 pm

Recently on a Qantas flight in a 2 class 747-300 from Denpasar to Sydney I found an airline safety card for a Amrican Airlines 757 in a business class seat pocket. What I found strange is that these aircraft should never cross paths at the same airport so this must have been one well travelled saftey card that was a long way from home.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Northwesta319

Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:28 pm

It was cold at ORD so I kept the blanket from the Air Plus Comet flight that i was on from Malaga.

masseybrown

Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:37 pm

I used to keep the route maps to put up on the wall at school when I was a student - the big ones they used to give out, not those little magazine things.

AirVB

Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:37 pm

I keep my ticket jacket/boarding pass along with the headphones. One time I took a blanket from UA-I still keep it on my bed! I should've taken the in-flight magazine though. I also saved a bag tag that said 'Lost Luggage' on it from United.

Besides this, I just take alot of pictures of the a/c and cabin.

AirVB

emiratesa345

Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:52 pm

When I last flew LOT Polish Airlines I saved the miniature Pepsi-Cola cans that they give out. Its still chilling in my fridge. I don't think I'll ever drink it.

EmiratesA345  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

fspilot747

Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:20 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I understood reading some of you trying to keep life-jackets? That really doesn't sound too brilliant...Something you'd have to deal with more than security about. If the plane has to have a water landing, and the passenger in seat 55A is having trouble because some idiot decided to "collect" his life preserver, you've got an issue there.

Anyways, I have a small collection of in-flight magazines from a lot of airlines that me or my family has flown. I keep every single international package that they give you (the thing with the toothbrush, eye-cover, comb, etc...) I like keeping those.

FSP

trickijedi

Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:25 pm

Most of what I keep are usually the things that I'm suppose to keep, namely my boarding pass and the in-flight mag. Once in a while, when flying what I consider to be an exotic airline, I'll hang on to the napkins, barf bags or even the ocassional flight safety card (sssshhhhhhh!)
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

BR715-A1-30

Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:34 pm

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE FROM AIRCRAFT. Does anyone here try to read the font -323 that says 'unless you are a collector, and cannot resist.'  Big grin
Puhdiddle

WNfan

Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:03 pm

I really can't believe you people. Keeping aircraft safety cards??? Come on. What if there's an emergency on a subsequent flight and some passenger looks for the card to see what to do in case of an emergency. Do you really need that? My gosh.

Magazines, I'd rather leave those for the next passengers also. I have plenty to read at home in print (get the Chicago Tribune every day), much less all the stuff here online at various forums to read. Gosh knows people keep on posting stuff here -- I have plenty to read.

And all that other crap like napkins and cups and whatever else, if that's what you like to keep, fine. I prefer to keep memories of low fares, fun flights, and exciting destinations. And I pass those memories on to friends when they ask me on Mondays "So, what did you do this weekend?"

ERJ135

Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:36 pm

Like most others here I keep all my ticket stubs and boarding passes. I have one spoon which I stole accidentally having dropped it and was unable to find where it was only to discover it in my boot, amazingly it stayed there all the way home. I have a few safety cards which I kept only because that particular aircraft or airline was soon to disappear, so I have Ansett A320, Impulse 717 and a TWA 757.
I remember when the DC-3 was new!

dispatch

Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:46 pm

Boarded the so called Wine Taster Flight that was operated by Hughes AirWest back in the 70's.
The only thing left after that trip was a hangover  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Peter

fly727

Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:58 pm

WNfan:

Well... About the safety cards you are probably right. We should not take them (although they are quicky replaced most of the times at the next hub stop).

At least for me, the flight is the best part of the trip. That's why I enjoy taking with me the magazines, cards, blankets and "all that other crap".

I don't get the Tribune everyday; I barely have enough time with my Airways Magazine, Trade-a-Plane and my many many in-flight magazines (which btw all of them say "yours to take home")

RM
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

noelg

Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:04 pm

I usually keep the safety card (slip it into the magazine - oops sorry I didn't realise!!), boarding card/ticket stub, milk/sugar etc if I haven't used them, and the obligatory Sick Bag.

As Homer Simpson once said while stealing a table from a hotel room:

"They expect you to take this stuff!"

On most flights I've been on they've had a box of safety cards in one of the overhead lockers, presumably in case they've had any enthusiasts on board for the last leg!!

NoelG

Jaspike

Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:08 pm

What a bunch of criminals!! Laugh out loud You'll be trying to get the seats out next Laugh out loud

I don't take anything when I think about it..

Josh

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos