Tony Lu
Topic Author

Two Travel Questions. Please Help

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:01 pm

I have a flight from PHL-ORD-CLE. When I arrive in ORD, do I have to go through security again before I go on my connecting flight?

Also, How many times do a piece of carry-on luggage usually go through the x-ray at security. What does it take to make the luggage go through again?

Thanks a lot!
Tony

luv2fly

RE: Two Travel Questions. Please Help

Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:38 pm

If your on the same airline you will not need to clear security again, the carry on will be x-ray'd once and if they see something they want to see up close and personal it will be hand searched.
You can cut the irony with a knife

WNfan

Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:55 pm

You're allowed two carry-on items: One that can go in the overhead bins and one for under the seat in front of you.

ntspelich

Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:31 am

As long as you don't somehow wander into Terminal 5 or past the security checkpoints, you shouldn't have to go through security again. As for the baggage, if you're not checking anything, then you shouldn't have to wait in the "Check Everything X-Ray Line," and should be able to go straight to the security screening line where they'll x-ray your carry on items and you'll go through the metal detector.
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

cmckeithen

Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:21 am

No....once you are cleared through security in PHL you are clear through your whole trip. Now unless ORD has the same airport set up as SEA, then you would have to go through secuirty again.

The only time a bag can be searched 2x's or more is back when they were doing random checks at the gates themselves.