VS340
Topic Author

AC Beech1900D

Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:55 am

Though I have been an aviation enthusiast for a long time, I never had a chance to actually fly until last year. I was pretty anxious about it at the time and never really took note of anything about the planes I flew on, other than what type of plane it was. Air Canada was the airline and the first plane i was on was a Beech 1900D,between YEG and YYC. However I cannot not find any record of AC Beech 1900D's, the AC website says that they do fly them, but I can't find any photos or registrations, and now that I work at YEG I know that the only company that flies Beech 1900D's is Central Mountain Air. Does anyone know if they are the company that flies the Beech 1900D's on contract for AC or did AC actually fly them into YEG at one point? (like i said before i was really more worried about the flight than the plane i was on, so i took no notice what the livery on the plane looked like)

Airontario

RE: AC Beech1900D

Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:26 am

yep out west its Central Mountain Air flying for Air Canada and out east its Air Alliance.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Garry Lewis

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bo Kim

yow

RE: AC Beech1900D

Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:48 am

Out west CMA, flies some routes on AC's behalf as a tier III carrier. On other routes CMA operates their own flights, with their own flight numbers.

In the east, all Air Georgian flights operated on behalf of AC, fly under the Air Alliance banner.