tu144d

Tu-144 Trip Report

Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:28 am

I recently saw a post by 'Dulles' in which he talked briefly about the Tu-144 and claimed to have flown it. I was wondering if he could post a trip report as I am truly amazed that there is someone on this forum who has flown aboard it. As I have not been able to contact him directly I am hoping he will see this post.

-Vikram-

Dulles

RE: Tu-144 Trip Report

Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:39 am

As I promised, I will. I just want to avoid the not-so-technical discussion atmosphere that was created by the "copycats" thread and is likely to last for some time due to the looming end of using Concorde. Creation of TU-144 was technically a significant enough event to be above emotions of specific individuals, no matter what roots of these emotions are. It's not a right time for a calm discussion of it, this can wait a little.

Dulles

tu144d

RE: Tu-144 Trip Report

Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:39 am

Thanks a lot! I understand exactly what you mean. It is unfortunate that the politics surrounding the aircraft tend to spark off heated debates on this forum. However, as an Aero Engineering student I'm more interested in the the technical side of the story of the Tu-144. I fine it it to be one of the most fascinating in aviation history. The Concorde as well as the Tu-144 are two of a kind in aviation. It is unfortunate that the withdrawal from service of the former is a step backwards for the engineering community, technologically speaking.

-Vikram-