747buff
Topic Author

RTW Trip Advice

Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:13 am

Hello all,

I am planning a small RTW trip, which will be my first int'l trip alone, so I am only going to countries where English is an official language. I plan on taking the "Kangaroo Route", which would be Minneapolis-London-Singapore-Sydney-Los Angeles-Minneapolis. So which airline would be better for the LHR-SIN-SYD portion? I originally leaned toward Qantas, but I am not sure if they have fifth freedom rights on the LHR-SIN route, so I am looking at Singapore Airlines as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Andrew
At Eastern, we earn our wings every day!

zrs70

RE: RTW Trip Advice

Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:21 am

Are you using an alliance? What class of service are you flying in. These will help me to respond!
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

747buff
Topic Author

Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:24 am

I don't think I'll be using an alliance fare, but I will be flying in coach.
At Eastern, we earn our wings every day!

DTWINTLFLYER

Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:53 am

Why only English speaking countries? Lonely planet guides make it very easy to travel to any country really....obviously you have to stick with what you would be comfortable with, but......Cathay Pacific has a good deal for RTW and circle asia pass, Star Alliance OneWorld and SkyTeam all have similar RTW as well. There are some discounters out there too. Don't forget Thai flies to Sydney also. Really I would look to any of these....
NW/KLM
As mentioned before....
Star Alliance
OneWorld
SkyTeam
Thai
Singapore Airlines....
Most of these carriers will get you to the cities you want, but it just depends on carrier of choice......
Expect to pay around USD$1,200-$3,000 depending on number of stops and city pairs.
Have a great time.............