B777FA
Topic Author

Announcement By AA On Aug 15th

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:43 am

Ok, rumour has it that AA is going to make a big announcement on the 15th August.I haven't been at work for 2 weeks so I haven't heard anything from my fellow colleagues. Does anyone know what's up?

Jeff

ssides

RE: Announcement By AA On Aug 15th

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:51 am

I know that AA plans to announce some relatively large scheduling cutbacks. They've already announced reductions at the STL hub. AA is supposedly cutting back some frequencies out of DFW and ORD, but nothing as drastic as STL.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

cwapilot

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:52 am

Maybe they'll fire some more people from the other companies they have gobbled up...or maybe it's the new "LBTC" (Less Bitchiness Throughout Coach) initiative they've been tossing around in focus groups, not unlike the $2 headsets, where you can pay $75 for a courtesy ticket so that you will be treated like a human being on your flight, and receive complimentary courtesy each time you board future flights, IF you still have your courtesy ticket...Less Bitchiness Throughout Coach. Only on American.

Southside Irish...our two teams are the White Sox and whoever plays the Cubs!

ti717

Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:20 am

Could it be which maintenance center they are closing (AFW, MCI, or TUL)
Sir, don't you think we should turn on the runway lights?" "No, that's just what there expecting us to do!"

AIR757200

Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:33 am

I believe whatever announcement is rumored is going to be regarding maintenance. Don't forget, AA hasn't reveled it's plans for that yet. On the note of schedule changes, I don't think any further cuts are expected- maybe just a few adjustments.

B777FA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:40 am

CWA pilot,
I beleive the bitching about airlines board is somewhere else.
If you cant respond to my question in a decent manner then dont post at all.

milemaster

Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:48 am

I actually found that amusing...

B777FA - Airliners.net forums encompass the entire spectrum of aviation discussions.. including humor - which that clearly was. It was also within the guidelines of airliners.net posting rules.

B777FA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:02 am

Milemaster,
Didnt say that is wasnt within the guidelines.If you look some of his previous posts on the board he complains about AA all the time because he had a bad experience on the airline. There are bad appples at AA and every other airline out there..It happens .Does he have a right to bitch.Yes,but my question wasnt :Tell me in a sarcastic way about AA service...thats all  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

747firstclass

Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:07 am

I have also been told that there could be yet another attempt by AA/BA to get US antitrustimunity. In the past the US has demanded US/UK openskies in return. I fail to see how all this could happen with the EU taking over negotiations.Apparently there have been rumors of this on other aviation websites. However, I agree with eveyone else that the announcement will be about more cutbacks or layoffs.

B777FA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:22 am

The comapny has said that there will be no more F/A furloughs this fall.The flight attendants had just voted to exchange the underfly provision in the contract out for a longer duty day on domestic flying and this was going to result in 200+ furloughs.
A lot of our flights especially here in NY have been going out understaffed and the reserves have been flying like crazy so I couldnt see anymore F/A layoffs for the immediate future.

A capt on my roomates flight said that it might involve the sale of part or all of eagle but I cant see AA selling AE as its an important feeder and brings a lot of traffic from the smaller cities.

SegmentKing

Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:22 am

bAAd AApples on this boAArd? no wAAy.
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

tekelberry

Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:47 am

Is this the guy who got all pissed because his grandmother didn't get a wheelchair?

DoorsToManual

Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:50 am

Is this "big announcement" going to be of interest to the general public, or just AA employees?

jmc1975

Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:16 am

They'll probably announce JFK-PHX and/or BOS-PHX service to retaliate against America West's new coast-to-coast service.

cwapilot

Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:48 am

True to form 777FA...usually get much the same response when asking for something like...water with ICE during meal service lol. Humor is not in the AA culture, AAppAArently.

No, I'm not the guy that always complains about AA...I have one bad AA post to my credit. And, no, my grandmother does not need a wheelchair, so not that guy either.

The moral of our story: LIGHTEN THE HELL UP!

cwapilot

Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:53 am

OH, and I wouldn't say it was ONE bad experience either...I am just a glutten for punishment and kept going back, thinking the next time would be better, silly me.

jetjack74

Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:22 am

B777FA,
I wouldn't bet on no more furloughs. Flights at NW have been going out full and understaffed, but as expected we still going to make massive phased cutbacks. They want the flights as full as possible. They're trying to get every seat filled and are expecting a huge drop off after the summer is over. I think they'll be wrong as always.
Made from jets!

MAH4546

Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:40 am

The big announcement will likely be the announcement of the closure of one of thier big maintence bases...Tulsa, Ft. Worth, or Kansas City.

No major schedule cutbacks are planned whatsoever.

jmc, I don't know about BOS/JFK-PHX, but MIA-PHX service is supposedly in the pipeline. If it goes ahead, it will be a daily 752 and probably start in March 2004. It would break America West's monopoly. They offer 15 weekly non-stops...seven to MIA and eight to FLL.
a.

kevi747

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:43 am

Uh oh! Another impossible to please passenger. CWAPilot, if you feel like you're always getting bad service perhaps you're expecting too much for your $61 tickets into and out of ORD. Besides, we have a few psycho "sky nazi's" working for us, but most AA F/A's are really nice. Maybe you're the one who's too "bitchy".

B777FA, I didn't hear anything about a new announcement. When did you hear about it? I worked 107 yesterday and nobody was talking about it. It will probably turn out to be something totally lame. I hope its nothing that's going to affect our jobs too much. For instance, that would suck if they took F/C off the 777's or something.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

Chi-town

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:10 am

The news won't be about scheduling? Will AA completely drop it's "hub" in STL or what? How much downsizing are they actually going to be doing at STL?

Cwapilot- I agree w/ you. I flew American ONE stinkin' time and it was horrible. They'll never get my service again.

Steve

milemaster

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:11 am

I suspect that the maintenance base closure announcement will be the big announcement.

AFW will be chosen is my guess...

Least likely will be TUL.

MxCtrlr

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:05 pm

Uh oh! Another impossible to please passenger. CWAPilot, if you feel like you're always getting bad service perhaps you're expecting too much for your $61 tickets into and out of ORD. Besides, we have a few psycho "sky nazi's" working for us, but most AA F/A's are really nice. Maybe you're the one who's too "bitchy".

After being a Platinum Mileage member, I refuse to fly AA anymore, PERIOD. I've worked in this industry for over 25 years and, it has been my displeasure to fly AA (paid for - FULL FARE, Kevi - by my company) many times and I have NEVER received even fair service on them! With very few exceptions (and that from a notable few of the counter and gate staff at ORD) I was met with complete indifference and made to feel like I was imposing on AA employees for showing up at the gate. Eye contact from all (but those notable few mentioned above) was non-existant, even when I went so far as to attempt to forceably make eye contact with those parties.

"A few psycho 'sky nazis', Kevi? If you provide the quality service you claim to be, you are DEFINITELY in the minority at AA - as most everyone I have ever had the displeasure to encounter at AA has been rude, snotty and arrogant!

As for the upcoming announcement, one can only hope that it is something along the lines of AA finally realizes the stupidity of its ways and decides to close its doors and transfer all employees who are worth anything (giving Kevi the benefit of the doubt - all three of them) to United! Anything less is a waste of breath and newsprint.

MxCtrlr  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Freight Dogs Anonymous - O.O.T.S.K.  Smokin cool
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

AIR757200

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:20 pm

one can only hope that it is something along the lines of AA finally realizes the stupidity of its ways and decides to close its doors and transfer all employees who are worth anything (giving Kevi the benefit of the doubt - all three of them) to United!

And there's someone just like YOU who bickers about United, Northwest, Spirit, Southwest and the list goes on forever.

But we are always back to square one on this site: "Never fly this airline" post, "The worst airline" post, "The best airline" post. Blah, Blah, Blah.

I've flown so many carriers and why do I care how I am treated? I just want to get to point A to B. I've flown NW, DL, UA, and even my own, and do I possibly care how these people treat me? Sure, it would be nice to get a smile or two.

People get so emotional.

MxCtrlr

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:33 pm

I've flown so many carriers and why do I care how I am treated? I just want to get to point A to B. I've flown NW, DL, UA, and even my own, and do I possibly care how these people treat me? Sure, it would be nice to get a smile or two.

This is skewing off the post topic however, you should expect that in an industry that bills itself as a service industry, provides you with decent service. I'm not talking champagne and caivar here, just basic customer service - eye contact, a smile and to be treated with the respect a paying customer deserves. That isn't too much to ask for and shouldn't be too much to ask for! No passenger should have to demand to be treated properly, with respect, nor should any passenger have to expect to not be treated that way.

As for my previous statement, that was overly harsh and I truly do not wish the worst for the people of AA, but Kevi's assertation that "the passenger must be the problem because most of the people of AA aren't like that" is dead wrong (from what I've seen over the years of flying them - none of those trips were non-rev either and none on a cheap reduced fare).

[Edited 2003-08-13 05:34:12]
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

kevi747

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:34 pm

Whoa!! What is going on over there in Chicago?!?! I am always amazed by how much some people hate AA. Everytime I go to work 99% of our PAX love us. There's a very vocal minority who just can't be pleased, but most people are really nice and come off the plane thanking us for a good flight. And the overwhelming majority of my coworkers are very nice and attentive to PAX. I mean there's always a few bad apples in every bunch, but most of us get along great with PAX. You guys must be really demanding, or the most unlucky people on Earth.

MxCtrlr

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:36 pm

Kevi,

I assure you that I am, by far, one of the least demanding passengers on any given aircraft I'm on. I've been a F/A before so I go out of my way to NOT bother them. When they come by and ask if I want something, I say it then or, if they're not around, I'll go back to the galley and ask for what I'd like (usually water) there.

highliner2

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:47 pm

I've flown AA 3 times this summer. KMCI, KMSP, and KSTL outta KORD. And I had a good experience each time. The only bad flying experience I had with FAs? On United to KMSP. EVERY airline has its "bitchy" employees. Hell, EVERY company does. I flew AA 3 times - all good experiences, UAL once- bad experience. Does that mean UAL is a terrible airline? Nope. I'd fly them again if the price was right. I do think that most people who bash an airlines service, aircraft, etc...are often biased and big fans of its chief competitor. And its usually painfully obvious.
Go Cubs!

B777FA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:50 pm

Kevi747,
I heard about the Announcement from a number of F/as that live in the area.Also as a said earlier my roommate asked his captain and he said that the pilots heard its going to be something about eagle.Guess we will find out soon.

Jeff

MxCtrlr

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:53 pm

As much as I hate to burst your bubble, and your attempt to classify me as a "chronic bitcher" or "anti-AA", as I stated in my first post, I was (presently am still) a Platinum member (not for long because I absolutely refuse to fly AA any longer) but I am not "for" any other particular carrier. You don't get to Platinum status without flying A LOT and usually at high-yeild full-fare! Personally, I think all of the majors are horrible for quality customer service any longer, so no, this is not an "AA sucks and everyone else is better". From my experiences, with few rare exceptions, ALL of the Big Six suck!

kevi747

Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:57 pm

MxCtrlr, sorry you've had such bad experiences. You really must have gotten some bitter F/A's! Give us another chance, I promise most of us are real nice!

B777FA, I wonder what it could be!! I'll go against my natural pessimistic insticts and hope it will be something good.

Chi-town

Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:03 pm

Kevi, then consider me one of the most unluckies passengers on the face of the earth. I am not a demanding passenger. The service was just downright terrible. Nothing else to be said. As for AIR757200, how can you say that you dont care how you are treated?? You are right about getting from point A to point B but, If someone is going to treat me like sh** then they will never get my business again.

Steve
MDW

MxCtrlr

Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:07 pm

Kevi,

I really do hope, for the future of AA, that what you say is correct and I have just been quite unlucky with AA in the past. Unfortunately, the old adage of screw me once shame on you, screw me more than once, shame on me applies here. I highly doubt that I will fly AA again (and the very real possibility that I will have to fly TPA-DFW soon on business is upcoming) but we'll see. Maybe I will give them another shot, based solely on your recommendation.

Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:18 pm

In over 100 segments on AA so far this year, both revenue and non-revenue, I've had very few bad experiences. The only time I've found ground personnel lacking was at San Juan, but that just goes with the territory there.

As an AAdvantage elite member, AA is my airline of choice since we don't have TWA any longer. I find AA at least on par with the other carriers.

I guess it all depends on your individual experiences. I have never had an enjoyable experience with Southwest Airlines. I've found their employees rude, indifferent, and aircraft dirty, but that's just my experience over a dozen or so flights (enough to make me avoid the airline though).

AA717driver

Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:56 pm

I hate to step into a catfight, but here goes...

Face it, AA didn't get the "Sky Nazi" appellation by random choice. Having seen it from the outside AND the inside, here are my observations:

The agents in many of the out stations SUCK. They are, in general, vile, foul-tempered and hostile--especially to non-revs(regardless of who the non-rev works for, even AA employees often get treated badly. I've heard about this for 15 years from my friends who have worked there for that long.). DFW agents have been good in all my travels through there. LAX is somewhat apathetic, as is SFO.

The AA FA's have always treated me and my family well. They are generally a pleasure to work with, too. I'm sure there are some bad ones(the dinosaurs on Int'l. come to mind...).

Many, not all, AA pilots have that whole arrogance thing going on. Like someone told them they had been annointed by God and destined from birth to be working at AA. If they were hired in the '80's, it was because they could pass the astronaut physical devised by Judy Tarver. Plenty of super pilots were washed out because their blood chemistry didn't measure up. They also have some really great people flying for them. Just lose the attitude, dude!

BTW, great post CWApilot, I was LMAO at that  Smile. B777FA you need to get a sense of humor! Come to STL--we'll put a smile on your face  Big grin TC
FL450, M.85

cwapilot

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:10 pm

Nothing really going on over at ORD, except for the former TWA employees putting the rest of you to shame at STL...too bad they will be leaving. Funny, I never flew TWA until I was routed through STL on their former routes...STL definitely put a smile on my face.

BTW, if you can tell me where I can get some $61 tickets out of ORD to ANYWHERE....sign me up! I will plaster an AA tatoo (temporary of course) across my forehead. I don't recall flying from ORD to HNL (which, due to family circumstances, is what I fly the most) for $61.

B777FA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:14 pm

AA717Driver,

You and me both know if I come out there to STL Ill be coming right back to JFK the next month!!!!!!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Someone with manning in DFW cant do math !!
Besides ,I'm not keen on flying the S80s and 757s...Think Ill just stick with my 777s ,thanks for the invite anyway  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Jeff

fspilot747

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:33 pm

More room throughout coach?

Smile

FSP

kevi747

Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:50 pm

This is so wierd! Who the hell are your F/A's? Maybe its an ORD thing that I just don't know about. AA gate agents and F/A's are the best! I totally take care of all my PAX (non-rev and rev alike)! I always upgrade non-revs, oneworld PAX, and ID-90's whenever I can. My PAX love me and my crews. Maybe I'm just some sort of super-purser and I just don't know it. Maybe my superb leadership skills allow me to influence the attitudes of the F/A's working with me. (But I really doubt that.)

I'm not a kiss-ass though, which I suspect is what you're expecting. I am in control of the cabin on my flights and that's made very clear. (But Mxctrlr, you are a former F/A so I don't think you're an obnoxious PAX.) I enjoy helping people, that's why I took this job. I do everything in reason to accomodate my PAX. However, here's a few things I won't tolerate:

--Free upgrades for pissed-off PAX.

--Screaming/Cursing at myself or one of my F/A's.

If you're wanting to engage in these sorts of things then AA isn't for you. We won't have it.

Give me some example's, and be specific! What is making you so mad? Tell me about a specific flight where you were treated badly. Don't just say, "The service was just downright terrible." or "I think all of the majors are horrible for quality customer service any longer," WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!?!? How were you're expectations not met? Why will you not fly AA anymore?

The reason I ask this is because there are many PAX out there that you CANNOT please. I deal with them all the time. Here's a SPECIFIC example: The other day I was working a flight from PUJ (Punta Cana, Dom. Republic) to JFK. We had a wheelchair PAX who showed up 20 mins. prior to departure. The agents at PUJ waited to board the other 138 PAX until these people (an elderly British couple on vacation; woman in wheelchair, man ambulatory) decided to show up. They complained and bitched about EVERYTHING. They were upset because she had to be carried onto the plane in an aisle chair (no jetbridges at PUJ). They didn't like the food. The airplane was too cold. And the grand finale happened once we reached JFK. They both totally went off on us because their wheelchair was brought up from the cargo hold and they didn't want it...they wanted an airport wheelchair instead. When the man started (literally) screaming at the wheelchair pusher (a Mexican immigrant who makes a measly $6/hour, if that) I had enough. I said, "Sir, I'm really sorry that we've all managed to annoy you so much, but I think you're missing the bottom line here...we're all trying to HELP you!!!!!" Then he laid into me about how he was going to sue AA and that he'd successfully sued Macy's and some other company. I didn't care because at least he was screaming at me and not the wheelchair guy. Anyway, do you see my point? You can bend over backwards for people and they still feel cheated. The problem isn't always airline employees bad attitudes.

AA717Driver, you make a blanket statement about how poorly AA employees treat rev and non-rev PAX and then completely contradict yourself by providing several examples of AA employees treating you well. What's up with that?

And CWApilot, don't get personal with me. All of the TWA F/A's I've met were great, hard-working people who were dealt a bad hand, as are most AA F/A's. They are still my brothers and sisters whether or not they're on furlough or not.

MxCtrlr

Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:15 pm

Kevi,

I'm not going to go into specifics because this thread has totally skewed from its original topic. Suffice it to say I have had rude treatment by AA F/A's and ground service employees. I have witnessed an AA F/A literally harangue a potential customer off a hotel airport shuttle bus because he had boarded "HER crew bus" (note, it was the hotel's courtesy shuttle for use by ALL of the hotel guests. The only reason she tolerated me on "HER crew bus" was because I had an airport ID displayed at the time).

You say you give good service to your passengers and I have no reason to doubt that but, in my dealings with AA, you would be the exception rather than the rule.

AA777MIA

Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:26 pm

MXCtrlr:

So you have not been happy with AA service, there are many out there who have had positive experiences. While I am sorry you are not happy and refuse to fly AA any longer, that is your choice. Yes, there are mean agents out there, and there are mean flight attendants, pilots etc at every airline. I am by no means excusing their behavior, but remember everyone has a bad day. As a human being, you can only take so much, and when you have passengers screaming at you because there is no food on a flight, and no magazines, and they had to wait at security, you are bound to become a little shall we say indifferent. It still amazes me that people will fly SWA, or JetBlue for $198 roundtrip and be completely happy with no food, but will board AA for the same price to the same destination and complain because they did not get a meal choice, or that we do not have magazines, and that they do not like the movie.... What gives?

adh214

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:13 pm

I am Gold on AA and have generally had good service. Let's face it. I don't really have a chance to interact with AA emloyees much. I check in at the kiosk, hand my boarding pass to the gate agent and request a ginger ale on the flight. On my last flight literally my only three words to an AA employee where "Ginger Ale, please." The only thing I heard from an AA employee was gate announcement, the pilot announcements and "What can I get you to drink, sir." It is just a flight. I get on, I get off, I go to the office.

Now, I do have to share my one AA horror story. It is actually my mother's story. The flight takes of from SAT and the engine makes a banging noise and shuts down. The pilot promptly turns around to head back to SAT. Upon rearrival at SAT, my mother is in no condition to get on another flight as she is a nervous flier anyway. So she collects her baggage and goes home. The next morning she calls AA to rebook for the next week. After explaining the situation, the reservations agent tells her that she will have to pay $800 to rebook for the next week because she no longer has a 21 day advance purchase.

worldtraveler

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:38 pm

Can we return to the topic long enough to pick up on the comment from B777FA that this involves Eagle?

Is it possible that AMR will spin off Eagle as NWA and. Continental have done. Eagle should be worth a billion and a half or more, which is cash AMR could clearly use. Has this rumor been raised?

cwapilot

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:41 pm

Ummm....Kevi, this is a perfect illustration of the contempt in which a good share of your "brothers and sisters" hold customers and potential customers. I would shudder to hear the "company break room" conversations about pax, or what circulates on AA message boards, if there are such things.

You are the one getting personal with me, and making plenty of false assumptions along the way. You assume I am the screaming and yelling fool that hates everything from the carpet color to the food. I am not. In the past 3 years of flying (as this is all I can remember in any detail), I have not used an FA call button one single time. My contact is limited to when they have time to get to me during regular service. I book all of my tickets electronically, and use self-check-in, and expect to fill the seats printed on my ticket, so I don't try to bullshit my way into a premium cabin if I haven't paid for it. In all of the times AA has lost my baggage for days at a time, I haven't even raised my voice to the agent who is supposed to track that, and I don't make stupid demands for $2000 travel vouchers as some people do.

When people fly JetBlue or SWA, they don't expect a meal, AA777MIA. If I book on a full service airline, I expect full service, including an edible meal if the flight is long enough...this means it is not cold when it should be hot, or vice versa, it isn't smashed or otherwise disfigured, the rice isn't crunchy...you know, those tough demands we rotten customers trouble you guys for. If AA wants to charge LCC prices in the predatory manner in which it does, maybe it should think of how it can cover the costs of the service it is promising.

Funny thing is, this year's miserable experience was my attempt to do just what you seem to want people to do..."give us a shot." Well, after years of crappy experiences, I went to UA for a long time, and the good experience ratio was around 90%. Last year's Pacific crossing in a 757, coupled with some very high fares, AA's very good fares and recent publicity about customer service improvements and MRTC, I decided to give AA another chance. Chances are, I will give AA a couple more chances, seeing as I have some FF mile accumulation riding on it. I think that is more than reasonable, don't you?

Adam T.

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:43 pm

I've always had good service with AA! Guess i'm just lucky ?  Smile
Adam

AA777MIA

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:07 pm

CWPilot:

I know when pax fly JetBlue and SWA they do not expect a meal, my point was, how come in the same market, with same fare, people expect more from a mainline carrier. I was in no way implying that you were complaining about that, or that you ever did. I was simply making a statement in a post. Personally I would rather do a full meal service, so that passengers were happy, I would have something to do rather than toss pretzels for 3hours, and read a book. It gets boring! I value the passengers we carry, and bust my butt to keep them coming back. Like I said before, I am sorry that you have had bad experiences, I have had the same on SWA, and on Delta, and Northwest, we all have our bad apples, and yes I was a FULL FARE passenger on these airlines. If someone else in your eyes is doing it better, than by all means, take advantage of their services. We (AA) would be sorry to see you go, but that is your choice and perogative. I think someone said it earlier in a post, there are others are DL, UA, etc, that are making the same statement about those airlines..

AIR757200

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:11 pm

WorldTraveler, I was thinking the same thing.

I don't think Eagle will be spun-off because I think we would of heard "leaks" coming from folks at AMR/Unions; just like when previously they were thinking of selling Executive. In any case, AA's cash-position is much better now, I think we are back into the mid-$2 billion dollar area.

Maybe more Eagle expansion.

cwapilot

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:16 pm

And my point is that, in those markets, at the same fare, full service carriers PROMISE more...that is why people expect more. You can't advertise yourself as a full service carrier and then tell people, "Well, this is the same fare as Southwest, so we won't be doing a meal today...and don't expect our people to be pleasant about serving you." People expect full service on a full service airline, and if the airline offers this service at a very low rate, so be it. It is a shame you and your coworkers can't be evaluated based on your level of service and attitude, rather than how long you've been around, because some intensive housecleaning would do AA, and those within AA who seem to give a damn, a lot of good. Then, getting back to the topic, AA could avoid having to annouce these impending ominous announcements.

AA777MIA

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:16 pm

I don't think that AE will be spun off.. I know that AE in SJU and MIA was up for sale, but not sure if that sale was ever completed. There was a lot of employee resistance to the sale, and never did hear if it actually went through. Does anyone know?

AA777MIA

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:20 pm

CWA Pilot:

How dare you judge my inflight service abilities! You have never been a passenger on my flight, and have no right to even comment on it. For your infomation I happen to have a file FULL of commendation letters and be a 4 time Professional Flight Attendant Award winner! So, please by all means DONT COME BACK, stick with whoever your choice is, and stop your complaining.... We appreciated your business...

DoorsToManual

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:24 pm

Anyway, so it appears that this announcement isn't really of major concern to AA's customers, but rather some airline staff and enthusiasts, right?

BTW, AA is a huge airline and it does not surprise me in the least that customer's experiences of the airline's service will vary. In this respect AA is just like any other airline of comparable size...some good flights, some not so good. Just fly BA, and you'll see what I mean.