ssides

AA Eagle Vs. Other Regionals

Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:36 am

With the exception of AmericanConnection, AA's regional operations are all owned by the AMR parent; AMR purchased these airlines and consolidated them under the Eagle name a few years ago. Meanwhile, other airlines like CO, DL, UA and US have continued to partner with regional carriers such as Skywest, ACA, Air Wisconsin, etc., branding their planes with the "express" or "connection" motto. My question: why the disparity here? Why does this work for AA and not others? Or does it not work for AA? Any ideas?
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

UA744Flagship

RE: AA Eagle Vs. Other Regionals

Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:39 am

The question is, why does this work for everyone else except UA?

United is the only one to not own any of its regional affiliates.

Continental still owns a large part of Continental Express (ExpressJet Holdings), Delta owns Comair and ASA, and US Airways owns a handful of small turboprop feeders (Piedmont, PSA, etc.).
no wire hangers!

ssides

RE: AA Eagle Vs. Other Regionals

Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:50 am

I was not aware of that fact. I knew that CO owned most of ExpressJet (although it's selling even more of its holding), but I did not know that DL owned Comair and ASA, and was very surprised to hear that US Airways owned some of its regional carriers. So I guess the question is better phrased your way.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!