panaman

Pan Am Should Buy Out An Airline

Wed Dec 22, 1999 2:14 pm

Ok, since the subject of Pan American has been on the boards for a while, I've thought of something........Pan Am should buy out a major u.s airline and return to immediate greatness. What would some candidates be if this ever happened? I have a few ideAAs, but what do ya'll think?
Sorry I moved from SXM, looking for a new house on Anguilla now!

God

RE: Pan Am Should Buy Out An Airline

Wed Dec 22, 1999 2:27 pm

Ahem.....SHOW ME THE $$$$$$ FIRST PAL!
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

They Need A City

Wed Dec 22, 1999 2:49 pm

Well, I am not really impressed (at all) with the new Pan Am, (even though they fky out of Sanford/ Orlando, which is about 10 minutes from my house)...Anyways...I think the "new" PanAm should just drop their current routes and buy out a small and still growing airline with a good hub city...Vanguard Airlines, Spirit, or even Pro Air??? Then once they have established a real hub and have settled down they can start slowly expanding. Nobody really knows about them...Here in Orlando where they have the majority of flights, they dont use any means of advertising...at all!!! They need to get aggressive get their name out there. Now all they have to do is inherit a large sum of money to do all of this!!!! I just dont see any future for the current PanAm. Hopefully they can get their act together!

flyaa757

Oh Come On

Wed Dec 22, 1999 3:23 pm

-This is a no brainer. The market cap of any US major airline is quite obviously far more than any startup could possibly dream of acquiring.

-What would be the point? Ok, lets go to tremendous trouble, expense, and pain so that we can change a name for no apparent reason, except to satisfy some aviation enthusiast kid's wish to photograph "Clippers"

-Pan Am is dead. THe new PA is not the REAL Pan Am, it just shares the name. It cannot regain glory, it is gone forever. Even if the new PA acquired your suggestion, AA, the airline would still be American, only with blue and white colors. Employess, attitudes, and corporate culture would not change.

I dont mean to offend anybody, but these posts are a waste of time. What is the point of asking a question that requires only common sense to answer? I am getting tired of having to weed through all of the strings that appear to be more the result of boredom than of true curiosity. Dont get me wrong, uninforrmed questions are fine, nobody knows everything, but this is pushing it.

FLY777UAL

RE: Oh Come On

Wed Dec 22, 1999 5:19 pm

Maybe they should buy out SW so they'd still serve the "Podunk" East Coast cities! (LMAO!)  

FLY777UAL

RE: Oh Come On

Wed Dec 22, 1999 11:27 pm

No, I agree with the original post, they should buy out a bigger airline, with a better infrastructure than Pan Am currently have, but won't clash with their own huge network, someone like BA, or Quantas, maybe SIA, I'm thinking........it's that easy, hell I'd do it myself tomorrow, given the time.....heh heh

Matt D

Juan Trippe Must Be Rolling In His Grave

Thu Dec 23, 1999 2:52 am

PanAmMan: Your post was funny
PanAmFanatic: Your post makes sense.
FlyAA757: Your post was the wake up call of reality.

To FlyAA757

Thu Dec 23, 1999 9:21 am

If you are tired of looking through all the posts and you obviously have a negative attitude, DONT REPLY. Oh, By the way...I am not a KID...I am an adult, but since when did this forum have an age limit??--just wondering!--Last time I checked it was open to everyone????? > Forum-n.-any place or institution where where questions of public concern can be discussed or decided.

flyaa757

To Panamfanatic

Thu Dec 23, 1999 9:40 am

First of all, I do not have a negative attitude, I am extremely objective.

Second of all, no one made any mention about your age or an age limit. Only you. Insecure?

Finally, this forum is for educated discussion and learning about airlines, airplanes, and the aviation industry. Lets be honest, do you really think your question/proposal is remotely
a)feasible
b)worthwhile
c)even a possibility?
Of course not.

-I tend to live by the rule "Dont ask a question you can answer yourself." Try it out. I really wonder what you hoped to accomplish in this thread.

-Please don't become agitated in your responses, your mood is quite apparent and unnecessary.

Happy Holidays,
Paul

AirT85

Panamfanatic

Thu Dec 23, 1999 10:16 am

You are such an a**hole! "This forum is open to everyone" whatever! you just told flyCMH he has NO ROOM TO TALK because he is only 17! What an idiot! I cannot believe you! You really need help buddy! Im sorry to say, but you are one of those people that destroys this forum. ttyl!
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

RL757PVD

With What Money!?!?

Thu Dec 23, 1999 10:20 am

lets see if they survive first!!
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

New Service

Thu Dec 23, 1999 10:30 am

Pan Am is said to be looking at St. Louis' Midamerica airport to fly into as well as Newark and san Juan. They said in their newsletter @ their ticket counters (here in orlando) that they are targeting airports with no parking fees, easy access, and that are convienant!