747400sp
Topic Author

Is The A330 A Passenger Friendly Plane.

Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:04 am

Before I start writing, I would like to say that this is not a slam against Airbus. I just want to know how is the cabin of an A330. Is a lot of space or is it cramp. I never gave this a/c a chance because I did not like the fact that Aer lengus used it to replace there 747's. I would also like to know is this a pilot friendly plane. I just would like give this plane a chance.

RE: Is The A330 A Passenger Friendly Plane.

Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:08 am

I've flown three times on US Airways A330s and I've found them very comfortable indeed. I flew once on a bmi A330 in the New Economy (their premium economy product) and this was very uncomfortable as the box containing the inflight entertainment system was directly underneath the seat in front meaning leg stretching was near impossible. Hope this helps.

Chgoan

Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:32 am

I too flew the USAirways 330 to Rome last summer and was comfy, but yes....the tv entertainment box was under the seat and limited storage for a backpack and leg room. But besides that....loved it.

Also flew an A330 with Thai last spring on a domestic flight and it seemed comfy. I was in the very first row of coach at the window, so I didn't get to see behind me. The over bins were really small though. Was weird.

If you get a chance...I'd fly on one.

Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:41 am

I too have been on the US A333... envoy was very nice, and the forward coach cabin was also very nice (aside from the aforementioned entertainment box, though the entertainment was worth it). I've heard the rear coach section(s) have significantly less room, though it's probably just an inch or two that seems like a mile.

brons2

Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:41 am

There is lots of room on the non-middle section exit rows. I guess comfort really depends on airline configuration more than the plane though. The A330 with 2-4-2, PTV and a decent pitch is comfortable. Other configurations may be less comfortable. Your mileage may vary.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

teva

Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:48 am

The comfort of any plane is based on the Airlines choices.
However, I have found all the 330 I have flown comfortable.
In addition to that, and it is not linked to the airline: the cabin is very silent. (this is very important for long flights)
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con

AA737-823

Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:24 am

I too have flown on US's 333. Maybe this site should be renamed... US333flyers.com

anyhow, I too was surprised at how quiet the cabin was. Transatlantic, it was a welcome relief.

I remember the flight as being very soothing- the plane handled itself nicely, had good manners.

The entertainment box is a big con. BUT- the entertainment that it provides is a big pro. Legroom was good- but that is the airline's preference, not Airbus's.

The cabin is designed roomily, though not as roomily as the 777. The overheads, while once quite modern, now look distinctly -90's. But hey, that's not a big deal.

R

Thenoflyzone

Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:30 am

I flew on an Austrian Airlines A332 last summer from Vienna, Austria to Montreal, Canada, and I though that the plane was very comfortable.I truly liked their 2-4-2 configuration and the fact that they have PTV's in economy class, but I guess that depends on the airline you fly with!...Anyways, in general, it's a very comfy, silent aircraft. However, I have to state that I have flown on the B777 of BA also, and that it is a bit more roomy than the A330.

us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

ei a330-200

Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:28 am

As you can tell, I love the Aer Lingus A330. When I flew them to Ireland, I felt it was absolutely the most comfortable plane I have ever flown. I prefer it over 767 anyday. They are definately "passanger friendly" and I would reccomend flying them every chance you get.

Brian